Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2017

Order of Service help

missbiscuits, 31 of May of 2017 at 10:12 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone.

I cant believe I only have 24 days left to go!! It's coming around so quickly.

I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment, as I've realised I haven't started our orders of service yet!!! And our vicar wants to see it in 2 weeks time. So I'm massively stressed!

i've been trying to look for templates and advice about what to include and how to structure the order of service - and I'm struggling.

So I'm just looking for some help, advice and direction of what to include. Any templates what help also.

i would really appreciate any help you can give me.

many thanks xxx

3 replies

Latest activity by missbiscuits, 13 of June of 2017 at 02:52
  • M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

Following this - we are having a religious ceremony in a hotel/venue so we are also trying to get ideas of how to do this too, although we are paying our stationary people to actually do it we still have to come up with the wording or how we want it laid out.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a template but I'm buying mine from PaperThemes (where we bought our wedding invitations) and they have pictures of the orders of service so you can kind of see what to put in.

We're having:

Bridal Entrance song

Welcome

First Hymn - How Great Thou Art

Wedding Ceremony

Signing of the Register

Second Hymn - It Is Well

Recessional

We're printing the words to the hymns as well. I've got a message on the front page about people not taking any pictures during the ceremony and I've got a nice quote on the last page.

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

If you're having a CoE wedding they have an online planner which tells you what to include/advice re structuring.

Our service is like this:

Guests Arriving

The Entrance of the Bride

Welcome

Introduction

Hymn 1

Reading 1

Reading 2

Hymn 2

The exchanging of vows & Rings

The blessing of the marriage

Signing of the Register

Prayers

Dismissal

I didn't use a template and just made my own ones up using inspo from pinterest, I wanted fairly minimalist, so I just have the outline as above apart from hymn/reading details. Then I have the 'key players' and names on the other side, and on the back I put a wedding timeline to let people know about food/cake/etc timings.

I didn't put the hymn words as a) we have two very common hymns and b) we can use the hymn books.

• M
    Beginner June 2017
    missbiscuits ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your help and advice- it was really helpful. I've now managed to finish the orders of service and have it okayed by the vicar.

Now all I need to do is to print them out and add some ribbon.

thanks xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics