Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KristaltippsHall
Beginner February 2011

Order of Service thingies

KristaltippsHall, 21 November, 2010 at 13:13 Posted on Planning 0 10

Are you having one? if so what are you putting in it?

I don't know whether to bother, were having a civil ceremony at 3pm.

10 replies

Latest activity by BumbleBrat, 21 November, 2010 at 15:43
  • Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

We was thinking of having a booklet with the hymns in and that was it really ?

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

we're having our ceremony at 3pm too. I made a lil brochure on Vista print - Order of Day, including rough timetable of whole day (when dinner is etc), the order of ceremony (who is doing readings etc), then a menu so people are in the know.

On the back I put details of the bridal party and our parents, so people from far away, or one side of family will at least know some names.

I also added random facts about us throughout it, make it a bit more interesting.

I think it will be nice for guests to have something to read when they enter the ceremony room and are waiting. Only made 25 to be shared between 75 ?

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a good plan Josie, just found this and have played around with vistaprint so might have a go.

http://www.oliviasamuel.co.uk/order/pc/Order-of-the-Day-Wording-d9.htm

Actually, I do all the brochures for work (Estate Agents) and you can bespoke them for £25 so I might just do one of those....
  • CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I did an order of the day on vistaprint

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

That looks great Laura, whats in it? just a general itinerary of the day? did you put your menu in?

Were having a buffet but to be honest, I think it would be nice for the guests to know what kind of food will be served before they get to the table, you know that thing we all do when were like "oooh, whats that?!"

Also, were having a few bits incorporated within the buffet that I want people to know about, and it would then omit the need to have it spelled out on the table I guess....

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I've made Order Of the Days too. Have included the reading my Mother In Law is doing for us, times that things are happening and the address and directions including car parking to the Reception venue. Didn't see the point in having just an order of service as civil ceremonies are only about 30 minutes long.

This is it unfolded, it'll be like a booklet. So, front back and middle pages:

And this will be the inside when it is fully unfolded:

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It has a poem in it someone wrote about us, the order of service (civil ceremony), order of celebration and the names of all the bridal party. More a nice little keepsake to be honest

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Those look great, did you both use vistaprint?

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, yes she is lol.. It took her a long time to accept the proposal from H2B's Dad because of what her name was going to be lol. Her name is Penelope but nobody calls her that.

Yeah, mine are from Visat too Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics