Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner December 2012

Order of table plan

LEN11212, 17 of November of 2012 at 20:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone, I'm just doing my table plan for the printer. I'm fine with where everyone is sat, but what order should the names be on each table? The order as you go round the table or something else? We have round top tables which if I start with bride and groom looks odd because my Dad is currently at the bottom of the list.

Am I overthinking this? What are you all doing?

3 replies

Latest activity by LEN11212, 18 of November of 2012 at 16:11
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

All the names were in order, clockwise around the table. We just picked which name went first based on seniority/bridal party/flattery. Having said that, our top table names weren't listed by position, they were listed in what seemed an appropriate order (so parents after bride and groom).

• TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

It doesn't matter what order you put the names on the table plan, it's just so people know what table number/name they're on. You could do it in order around the table, or in alphabetical order, or put your favourite people first ?

I've also seen a big list of everyone's names in alphabetical order, with the relevant table number/name written next to each guest's name.

• Buckinghams
    Buckinghams ·
    • Hide content

Apart from the top table where you start with the two of you, personally I would put people alphabetically on each table list. It makes it easier for people to find themselves and stops a queue/mob gathering at the table plan area. For instance our surname starts with 'W' so we always look at the bottom of each list and can find where we are quite quickly.

Hope that helps some ?

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I think order of significance for the top table and alphabetical for the others. I'll do a separate one with the order round the table for the venue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics