Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lea
Rockstar July 2023 Kent

Order of the Day

Lea, 29 of July of 2022 at 15:05 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone,

Can anyone share their order of the day so I can see if I'm on the right track. Our civil wedding ceremony starts at 3pm and the reception finishes at 11pm. We will have one reading at the ceremony which will also be translated into Chinese. We're doing everything in one place. It's a small wedding of only 50 guests. 3 course sit down meal. I'm about to book a photographer and thinking about the timings. I don't need them for the whole day which is usually 8 hours to start with bridal preparations through to first dance. I was thinking of booking them from just before the start of the wedding ceremony- to arrive half hour before to first dance, so about 6 hours. I'm worried about guests hanging about for too long after the ceremony or it being too rushed at dinner.

Here is my rough draft:

15:00 Wedding Ceremony

15:30 Drinks reception and photographs

17:30 Dinner

19:00 Speeches

19:30 Cutting of Cake

20:00 First Dance

23:00 Carriages

4 replies

Latest activity by Lea, 31 of July of 2022 at 09:02
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Your timeline looks about right, i think you are always best to speak to your venue and get their opinion as they may need tome for turnaround and they will usually give you the timings. Again for photographer, tell them what you want and they will then build you a package with the times etc, same for your MUA and hair etc. they are the experts so is best to let them guide you on times

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Charlotte. Much appreciated. Now having difficulties choosing a photographer. Have spoken to 3 so far. Whittled it down to 2 but there's not much in it between the 2.

• H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    That is really similar to ours. Our venue wants 2 hours to turn the room around so we are being led by them in terms of when speeches & dinner can start. Have you checked these timings with your venue?
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hayley,

Thanks for the advice. Haven't spoken to the venue yet. Went there yesterday to take some pics of it just to get the feel and layout of it but the organiser was busy so didn't get time to speak with her.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics