Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2024 Monmouthshire

Order of the day

Joanne, 24 of April of 2024 at 14:32 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi, we are getting married at 2pm and due to tight budget only having a four hour wedding, we are having a sit down meal after the ceremony but I am lost on how to time everything, someone help me Smiley smile thanks Jo

9 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 26 of April of 2024 at 12:47
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I dont think there is much to "play with" a sit down could take 2 hours depending on the amount of guests and courses - any speeches too.

Assuming everything is at the same venue and is a civil ceremony then by 2.30 you will be mingling with drinks and photos, the normal time allocated for this section is 1.5 hours = 4pm sit down and then you have 2 hours for the meal = 4 hours.

• J
    Joanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, thank you for your reply. There is only 30 including us. We are having a starter and a main which I’ve aloud an hour and a half for from advice. Sadly it will only be the grooms speaking as both parent his side are gone and so is my dad and my mum maybe too ill to come. We are providing a welcome drink. There will only be a few photos as I’ve said there is only 30 of us. I was thinking speeches as we all sit down for food at 2-45 and go from there ???? Andy and I are not drinkers but as it’s only four hours we have put together wine for the tables and some drinks for behind the bar. We are using our wedding cake for dessert so that will tie in to cutting the cake too.
    • Hide content

Ok then by my timings and your shorter for 30 people 2 courses which sounds right you would have 1/2 hour after the meal which is a good thing as you don't want to be putting your cake fork down and leaving as so time to chill and say your goodbyes and thank you would be good.

Instead of that 1.5 hours before you could cut that down a little. Will you be having a photographer, are there lots of grounds/ other opportunities for some nice shots, if so then keep the 1.5 hours or 1.15. even if you not have a photographer other guests will be wanting to take photos.

I think this section is important not to feel rushed because next you will be seated and eating. But I do encourage my couples to get up and mingle in-between courses.

• J
    Joanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi I won’t be mingling during each course no. I’m not having a photographer as I can’t afford one so the photos won’t take long
    • Hide content

Have 1.15 hour after the ceremony as people will still want to take there own photos and you have drinks behind the bar. Then have 45 mins after the meal for thankyous and chilling and goodbyes

• Ricardo & Khilan
    Beginner May 2024 Surrey
    Ricardo & Khilan ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you do a buffet style? I am doing a small wedding and we decided to do it like that.

• Positive
    Staffordshire
    Positive ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning the timing for your special day can be a bit daunting, but I'm here to help. Here's a suggested timeline to help you coordinate everything smoothly:

12:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Ceremony Setup and Pre-Ceremony Activities

- Arrange for any last-minute setup for the ceremony venue, including decorations, seating arrangements, and music.

- Guests begin arriving and are greeted by ushers or attendants.

- Bridal party and groomsmen arrive and prepare for the ceremony.

- Pre-ceremony photoshoot with the bridal party and immediate family members.

1:30 PM - 2:00 PM: Guests Seated and Ceremony Begins

- Guests are seated by ushers or attendants as they arrive.

- Ceremony begins promptly at 2:00 PM.

2:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Wedding Ceremony

- Exchange vows, rings, and any other ceremonial activities.

- Signing of the marriage certificate (if applicable).

- Recessional as the newlyweds and bridal party exit the ceremony venue.

2:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Post-Ceremony Congratulations and Transition

- Guests offer congratulations to the newlyweds and mingle as they exit the ceremony venue.

- Bridal party and immediate family members may take additional photos at the ceremony site.

- Transition to the reception venue (if different from the ceremony venue).

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Cocktail Hour and Reception Setup

- Guests are directed to the reception venue for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

- Reception venue setup, including table settings, centerpieces, and any additional decorations.

- Bridal party and immediate family members may take formal photos during this time.

4:00 PM - 4:15 PM: Grand Entrance and Welcome

- Bridal party and newlyweds make a grand entrance into the reception venue.

- Welcome and thank-you speech from the newlyweds or designated speaker.

4:15 PM - 6:00 PM: Sit-Down Meal and Toasts

- Guests are seated for the meal service.

- Courses are served, including appetizers, entrees, and dessert.

- Toasts and speeches from the best man, maid of honor, and other designated speakers.

- Cake cutting ceremony and distribution of wedding cake to guests.

6:00 PM: Conclusion and Farewell

- Final remarks and thank-yous from the newlyweds.

- Guests may participate in any post-dinner activities or entertainment.

- Bride and groom make their exit as guests https://zumbaliciouscrew.com/en/zumba-on-demand bid farewell.

Remember to discuss this timeline with your wedding planner or coordinator to ensure that everything runs smoothly on the day of your wedding. Congratulations again, and best wishes for a beautiful and memorable celebration!

• J
    Joanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am the wedding planner. I am doing all the decorations the day before and I have good friends who are going to make sure everyone will be greeted as they arrive at 13:30
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think 'Positive' is a chat bot - I notice a completely off-topic advertising link at the end of the 'helpful' comments!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics