Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2015

Order of the day

Mrsmooretobe, 28 of April of 2015 at 14:27 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi ladies,

With 11 days to go my mum has decided we should have OOTD for our ceremony! So my question is, what did those of you who had/are having one include in it? Did you go funny or serious? And can you flash some inspiration?

Thanks in advance ? xx

4 replies

Latest activity by Cece100, 29 of April of 2015 at 14:51
  • T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

Following this closely! It's the next thing on my to do list......

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

11 day for me too ! I'm having an OOTD im going to print them out myself & will include timings for ceremony, drinks reception & photos, meal etc.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

We're doing some DIY A5(ish) programs for the day and will include names of the wedding party, translations of our readings (we're havig one in Polish and one in English) and an order of the day that gives timings for ceremony, welcome drinks, wedding breakfast and speeches, arrival of evening guests, first dance, cutting the cake and evening buffet.

x

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    latkins120 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered mine off Vista Print the other day - they have a half price sale on at the moment ... (it's folded like a birthday card) sorry if it's huge

• C
    Beginner
    Cece100 ·
    • Hide content

What type of wedding are you having? If it is a church wedding then most people have a order of service anyway with information on the bridal party, readings, hymns etc and then the follow on to the reception, further information could be added as a extra page and therefore be contained in one document and have a bit more of a function as containing the hymns etc.

At the reception venue my sister at her wedding had an easel (hired for £10 or can be bought from Hobbycraft) with the order of the day in the room serving the canapes (about A3 size) individual ones where not printed for the reception venue and it worked well. I have never seen anyone give out order of the days for a civil ceremony and to be honest i think most people will read them once and then misplace them somewhere. If you have a master of ceremony/ toast master then they should be able to advise guests of the timescales for the day also so that people are kept informed. If you don't have one this could be a job for the ushers? Might be a bit more cost effective at this point in time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics