Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2012

Order of things for evening reception

Crowdpleaser, 1 August, 2012 at 14:36 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hiya, need some advice really.

We are having a small reg office ceremony in the afternoon and then an evening do starting at 7pm. We are welcoming people with a drink when they come in and our dj will already be there playing music. Just wondered how I do things? We want to do a cake cut, a toast to bride and groom, no speeches as such, first dance and the buffet has to come out. I know what its like too as not everybody gets to an evening do at 7 and I expect people will arrive from 6.45 until 8ish! Our do is on until 1 and we have a room with floor to celiling windows all on one side and so ideally would prefer it not to be too light when we start the first dance which normally precedes into the disco eh?

What timings would you have???

Thanks girls! xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by JonCraven, 1 August, 2012 at 17:24
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Could you not maybe have some lighter background music at first as your guest are arriving? I know if it was my party I would want the chance to mingle and chat to people without the disco thumping in the background.

I would be inclined to cut the cake about 8:00/8:30 depending on how many guests have turned up, (to allow time for it to be cut up and served with the buffet).

8:30- first dance then Disco start.

Buffet served 9/9:30

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding in a conservatory and the first dance was in broad daylight. It just looked odd... We didn't have ours in a conservatory in fact it has a sign as you go in saying "you are now entering a dimly lit building" as its an old refurbished church but we still didn't do our first dance till 9.30. Most weddings I have been to have been the same. We cut our cake at 8.30. Eveing food started to circulate straight after first dance. Ours was also untill 1am but we did have a day time reception too.

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

I'd say not to do your first dance until at least 8:30pm in mid-August...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics