Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mandspice
Beginner September 2013

Ordered Bridesmaid Dresses and Flowergirl Dress - UPDATE: ARRIVED

mandspice, 4 January, 2013 at 08:57 Posted on Planning 0 9

SEE UPDATE BELOW PICS

At last! Have literally looked at 100s of dresses and it's still early days but I'm keen to get this task done. Finding these was harder than finding my dress! Trying to please three very different people is not easy but we've cracked it. Also ordered the flower girl dress (which was much easier!).

The adult dresses are from Huiyunkitty, the lady who has a shop in Birmingham (I'm sure she's been discussed on here before) and a snip at £42.99 each. I'll let you know the quality once they arrive but the reviews I've seen are all good.

UPDATE: The adult bridesmaid dresses arrived today and I'm really pleased with them. The quality is much better than I'd hoped - they're thick satin and look much more expensive than the price I paid! The front is boned and shaped and the detail is exactly as the picture. They have a lace-up back which looks a bit confusing but will be ideal as my bridesmaids plan to lose a little weight so having an adjustable back is a bonus.

The girls are yet to try them on but just by looking at them I'm really pleased. I ordered standard sizes and they look to be slightly on the small side but the listing on ebay did specify this so there were no surprises.

I had a dress from Oriental Pearl for a friend's wedding a couple of years ago and although it was made to measure it was definitely no better quality than these dresses. Yet it cost over £200!

The ebay shop for anyone who's interested is:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/huiyunkitty

9 replies

Latest activity by mandspice, 8 January, 2013 at 14:48
  • L
    Beginner May 2014
    Lily70 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Your dresses look gorgeous.

Lily x

• oneforfxckall
    Beginner November 2014
    oneforfxckall ·
    • Hide content

Those are both gorgeous dresses! I love black on bridesmaids, you don't see it enough!

• clarkie89
    Beginner October 2013
    clarkie89 ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dresses!! Did they have alot of different colours as I would love the above in Burgundy (3 bridesmaids and 1 flower girl)

Do you have the address for her shop in Birmingham as I'm thinking going to get measured would be best.

• mandspice
    Beginner September 2013
    mandspice ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I've had mixed reactions about the black theme but I love it.

• mandspice
    Beginner September 2013
    mandspice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They have various colours yes - only purple and red are shown on ebay but I'm sure they have more, plus different styles:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/huiyunkitty

I'm not sure where the shop is but you can email them. I've heard that if you go into the shop the service is good; the made to measure service isn't so good if you order online though (I'm ordering standard sizes and using a local dressmaker for adjustments).

• J
    Beginner January 2012
    joannag1 ·
    • Hide content

I love these dresses and they do them in royal blue which is my colour Smiley smile you will have to let us know if they are good quality because I would be interested in ordering from there Smiley winking x x

• bexjoe
    Beginner May 2013
    bexjoe ·
    • Hide content

Love the black!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

They look great, and such a good price! Well done

Lynne

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

Smiley heart them and the flowergirl dress is so cute!!!

• mandspice
    Beginner September 2013
    mandspice ·
    • Hide content

Bump.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics