Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner December 2014

Organising my Lapland wedding... PLEASE HELP!!

Lucieloulou, 18 of July of 2014 at 01:19 Posted on Planning 0

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I have read a lot of your posts on Lapland weddings and seen some amazing photographs which has got me ultra excited!!! We are getting married in the snow village in December this year and time is flying in!! I am looking for any hints or tips anyone has as I have never been to Lapland it has just always been a dream I am going with my oh and 3 kids and having a big reception when we come home. We booked our holiday with Lapland weddings with a guy Hugh who has been great with our booking and with any questions I phone him with. My only upset was that they don't do a wedding videographer. I was wondering if anyone else was able to tell me if they had a videographer at their wedding in Lapland and if so how to go about booking it? And also if anyone has used Lapland weddings photographer and if the photos were good? I am starting to get really nervous now as it is getting so close... Is there anywhere you can get your dress steamed if it gets creased on route? Is the airline ok with taking kilts on as hand luggage? And how many clothes and what are the best types of clothing to take? Actually ...... Any advice would be great please haha xxx

• L
    Beginner
    LW_Lauren ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Your wedding sounds incredible!!!! What an amazing idea, and definitely something you will never forget! It's a shame about the lack of photographers and videographers out there though, i've seen people writing about destination weddings and they usually fly out the videographers/photographers from their home countries as it can be a bit of a faff trying to find somebody abroad! eg. you don't get to meet with them before the wedding, you don't get to see what they're like in person, etc. so can be risky if you're paying for services you aren't too sure of!

We had our wedding filmed a couple of months ago and it was just brilliant! It's fab to be able to remember the day with a video, so I can imagine you'd definitely want to remember your incredibly beautiful wedding with a video too! I follow our videographer on Facebook and whatnot so know of what he's up to and stuff, and at the minute he has a deal on for destination weddings! Think he's doing some sort of discount or something, so it's definitely worth getting in touch about! He is so polite and will answer any questions you have! Our wedding planner put us in touch with him and did us a good deal, so could hopefully do the same with you! Smiley smile

Can just imagine how your video would turn out, and imagine people's faces when you share the video online, wow!! We chose Adam Galwas, his website is:

http://www.adamgalwasproductions.com

he films with his girlfriend so it's nice being around a couple in love and can understand the day (rather than having a strange man turn up alone lol! no offence!), so you should check him out! I love sharing his work, he did us a beautiful job and just feel the need to share the love, lol!

Let us all know how you get on, and don't forget to post the video if you decide to go along with it!! Smiley smile please don't be nervous! Just enjoy every bit along the way and when the time comes, it will be such a relief and you'll be able to enjoy it fully!

Hope all the planning is going great!

Lauren x x x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics