Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kat44
Beginner August 2011

Organza stair case dressing question

Kat44, 10 of February of 2011 at 16:32 Posted on Planning 0 10

So far I've had three quotes for dressing the staircase at my venue with organza, no fuss or flowers, just the odd butterfly on it. They range from £30 (sadly she is unavailable now) up to £70.

Can anyone suggest what price to expect for this please? (I've only just had the two £70 quotes in so bit different to the £30 I was originally expecting!)

This is what I'm looking for btw (without the trees and the flowers)

TIA

x

10 replies

Latest activity by LooseLadie, 12 of February of 2011 at 12:29
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

£30 to £50 would be more in the right area.

• sazzlebee
    Beginner August 2010
    sazzlebee ·
    • Hide content

I would charge £30 for the staircase swagging, £70 is terrible!

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Cant you do it your self or get one of your friends/ family to doit for you?x

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content

£70 seems rather steep! I mean i don't know much about the design aspect for weddings but i do know that the fabric can be purchased relatively cheaply on the internet (i just bought a load of organza for my mams new house to dress a window for her). I would guess no more than £50 for something like this. xxx

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies. I'm glad I was right to be a little bemused at the £70 quotes. One was from a florist and one from my chair cover people!

Seeing another florist tonight so will see what she quotes. If its much the same I do have half a mind to have a go ourselves.

Do you think that would be do-able without looking really shite?!! ?

• D
    Beginner April 2011
    dotcomm ·
    • Hide content

If you are seeing Jane, she quoted me £125 but that includes flowers (and is possibly a bit more than usual as I am getting hitched on mother's day weekend when everyone will want flowers!). Might see if I can do something myself.

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Jeez! That is an awful lot.

Yeah I met with Jane (Andrews?) last night, just waiting for her quote to come through. We also met with Sue from Fleurissimo and she's come in quite reasonable (but still £70 for swagging the stairs!)

Sammi is also having her flowers done by Jane, that could be 3 for 3 with venue and flowers lol

• sazzlebee
    Beginner August 2010
    sazzlebee ·
    • Hide content

What they have done there is from a roll of organza (about £4.99 a roll) and wrapped it around and tied bows. I am pretty confident you would be able to do that yourself. If your florist has quoted you for 'swagging' it should be much fuller material, and a lot harder to do without practice.

Hope that helps!

xx

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

I've got Jane doing mine too.

I have paid £125 or possibly £150 will have to check my reciept.

But that is for having the entire staricase dressed and with either 5/6 flower displays aswell.

I know from my own experience of trying to get the material that it is difficult. Most of the orgnaza rolls only have a width of 25cm, which for the desired sway length and effect is just not long enough and for the amount of fabric I was looking at it was about £60 plus just for that.

I also know, that depending on how much decorating/displays etc it takes Jane upto 2 hours to do as she has done a "test run" for ours and she has got to arrive earlier in order to set up.

HTH xx

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Here's a link to a pic of the staircase that Jane has done...

http://www.jane-andrews.co.uk/othervenue.html

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

I think you should definately give it a go your self, you can normally hire the sashes off of the chair cover people your using for about £1 per sash depending on where you are!

Ask your venue if you can pop in on a weekday morning or evening if possible when its going to be quiet so you can try it first...

We dressed the whole venue our selves as we were quoted £3,000 YES really that much and we were so proud of what we acheived, luckily the venue didnt have any events the day before so we were able to spend the whole of the friday decorating! (Me and my Bridesmaids)

We managed to do this our selves... all the swags around the edge and chairs, stage etc Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics