Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2009

Original Midnight Blue Wedding Ideas?

HunnyBoodle, 28 November, 2008 at 21:25 Posted on Planning 0 15

My theme is based on my late mother's beautiful deep sapphire & diamond engagement ring that I'm wearing on my wedding day (on my right hand!) - very sentimental, but also something Old and something Blue. I'm basing the rest of the 'theme' for the day on the ring as tribute to my mother, Bridesmaids will be in deep blue dresses, and there will also be lots of scattered crystals around to represent the Sapphire & Diamond....

...but I need help where to source these scatter crystals, and also other ways to encorporate this theme into the day. Am really struggling to find bridesmaids dresses of the right colour....deep blue yet doesn't look black from a distance!

Any ideas on Favours, table decorations...other accessories? Am sure with all the winter weddings, Blue and Silver is a popular theme, so looking to steal some ideas - if you don't mind !!!

Thank you !!

15 replies

Latest activity by Iheartbuttons, 17 January, 2012 at 11:40
  • K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

My theme isn't blue and it isnt exactly an accessory but my wedding car is a midnight blue Jag. Partly because Jags are my dad's fav car and partly because i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it! Just an idea x

• kittyboo
    Beginner May 2009
    kittyboo ·
    • Hide content

Hey welcome to hitched!

Your theme sounds lovely and especially as it has a special meaning for you.

My Colours sound very similar to yours I have my crystals (which are lovely from) www.scattercrystals.co.uk there service was great and I ordered at 1pm one day and they arrived next morning! They also do Deep blue coloured crystals that you could use too? My Bridesmaid dresses are navy blue http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/35213148&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,eveningdresses im not sure if thats too dark for you? but i found some lovely dresses dessy do amazing dresses in gorgeous shades of blue i would check out there website.

An obvious one but how about having blue sashes on your chairs if your having chair covers? Diamonte's in your bouquet and of course sparkle on your dress? you could name the tables after different diamond shapes? You ll get some great ideas off the good folks here :-)

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

dont know if these are too dark but they are all from debenhams, thought you could always change the colour of the sash round the short one to make it tie in a bit better. i would love a dark blue and silver theme but letting the Oh's tartan dictate the colour scheme so it s red black and grey (im having platinum bridesmaid dresses with a black sash).
  • laura_c86
    Beginner April 2010
    laura_c86 ·
    • Hide content

Aww thats such a lovely idea, Im sure your mum would be thrilled!

Have you tried maybe a shop that sells items for dress making for your crystals, or perhaps a craft shop.

What about christmas baubles for your placecard holders, dark colours are popular right now.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about Navy Blue Favour Boxes with a Midnight Blue Ribbon.

I did these for a Midnight blue themed wedding this was the ladies:

You could use oversized diamonds incorporated into the Table centres like this but using Blue flowers:

Or something like this using blue flowers & Diamonds instead of pearls:

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I too am using this colour scheme! I managed to find a navy blue bridesmaid dress in a shop full of summer colours! You will find bridesmaid dresses can be made to that colour with dessy, alfred sung etc etc etc.... off the peg is slightly limited but xmas is the best time to look as the previous debenhams thread demonstrates.

Google table diamonds and you will find them Smiley smile

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Some ideas for you:

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I sell Swarovski table diamonds so please get in touch with me via email - ******@**************.**.** and I will give you a price. This is the colour of the Sapphire crystal .

I think basing things around your late mum's engagement ring is lovely and has made me feel really emotional ?.

Lynsey x

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

I am having navy, silver and lilac as my colours. this is my BM dress (like kittyboo, also from monsoon):

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely idea, it sounds beautiful! I don't have any pics online to show you, I'm afraid, but as part of our range of Christmas table decorations we've used baubles as vases and glued them into a ring. If you lift the top out of them, you're left with a little hole that you can pop water in, and add a single flower stem. If you glue together various sizes of midmight blue baubles, some shiny, some matt for example, it looks really effective. Especially if you sit the ring on a mirror tile and scatter the tile with your crystals. Email me through the website if you'd like some piccies and I'll send you some photos and explain in more detail how to make them.

Georgie

• kittyboo
    Beginner May 2009
    kittyboo ·
    • Hide content

Sherrie..Im loving the oversized table diamonds...are they terribly expensive? *holds breath*

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    Amanda _86 ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea! the one with the pink flower. Where do you get those vases from? Whats the name of them?

• NYE2012SparklyBride
    Beginner December 2012
    NYE2012SparklyBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm having midnight blue and silver and we're incorporating sapphire (my birth stone) and diamonds (H2B's birth stone) as well.

Check out House of Fraser - they have Midnight Blue dresses both long and below the knee:

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Linea+Ruched+band+long+dress+with+brooch/155791160,default,pd.html

I have the shorter ones for my bridesmaids and they are a gorgeous colour Smiley smile

Got our scatter crystals from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIDNIGHT-BLUE-SCATTER-CRYSTALS-TABLE-DIAMONDS-6MM-/280800314903?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item416100c617#ht_500wt_1202

Hope this helps Smiley smile

xxx

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Here is an bespoke invite I did in your colour scheme for inspiration.....

Anna

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

This is my colour scheme too ?. I love your reason for choosing it!

My bridesmaids are in midnight blue dresses from a bridal shop but we did see some lovely ones in Debenhams too. There's lots of touches of navy throughout the plans - we have navy ribbon and little navy and clear diamantes for the invitations, navy accents in the flowers, navy chair sashes, navy cravats for the boys, we'll probably have a few navy scatter crystals although it does depend on what our centrepieces look like (venue are providing so have no idea yet what they are like!). Not overpowering, navy everywhere you look, but enough to tie it together.

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

That is a beautiful colour scheme. Just to give you another idea, I create button & jewellery bouquets. I can incorporate jewellery and buttons of sentimental value too. They are also everlasting. You could have a midnight blue/diamante bridal bouquet. Here is a pic of some of my work. I also make button horseshoes and mini bouquets in all colours/themes. Lots more pics here https://www.facebook.com/IHeartButtonsuk

Hope this gives you some more food for thought Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics