Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire

Original source of these flower girl outfits?

Amanda, 23 of June of 2022 at 15:00 Posted on Planning 0 3

I’ve seen lots of flower girl outfits online on Etsy which look pretty much identical (white lace crop top with long tulle skirt).

They are so similar I think most of the sellers have purchased from the same place but I can’t seem to find where this might be (other dress versions seem to be jj’s house). I’d like to see the full colour ranges and see if delivery times etc differ if I order them from the source - does anybody know where this might be?
Or if you’ve ordered something similar and have reviews of a specific seller that would also be really helpful.
Link below to an example of the type of outfit I mean:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1045406646/2-pc-girls-flower-girl-tulle-skirt-lace?click_key=6981e6a5003e8288f00e57cbe07a79391ed7a91d%3a1045406646&click_sum=e2f9ce80&ref=shop_home_recs_3&bes=1

3 replies

Latest activity by Helen, 23 of June of 2022 at 18:56
  • H
    Savvy October 2022 Essex
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Amanda,
    This set is listed as handmade and no production partners have been declared. There’s no guarantee that’s definitely true but it’s against Etsy policy to purchase and resell items (full-time Etsy business owner here!).
    If sellers are designing the outfits themselves and having them manufactured elsewhere, they can do that but they have to declare that they use a production partner. It could be that several shops are ordering their fabric and/or patterns from the same supplier. I’d recommend choosing a shop with better reviews, and then contacting the seller before ordering if you’d need delivery by a certain date and/or would like to enquire about different colours. Most of us will go out of our way to help!
  • A
    Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really helpful, thank you.

I didn’t consider that people may be using bought patterns, but they are all so similar (in their whole ranges usually not just the crop top) you might be right. I have seen a few using the exact same images which seemed odd but maybe I’ll just avoid those ones!
  • H
    Savvy October 2022 Essex
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    I’d avoid any shops that appear to be using the same images as other sellers - if they’re genuinely handmade outfits, they’d be using their own original photographs.
    I had a quick look and narrowed the search to UK based shops and sorted by Customer Reviews - and there seem to quite a few good options (including Etsy’s Pick items and Star Sellers) with much shorter processing times!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics