Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mandkell
Beginner June 2012

Orsett Hall

Mandkell, 22 January, 2012 at 19:42 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi Everyone

this is my first post! I am getting married at Orsett hall in june of this year. has anyone got married there and did you have any problems? or anything you was not happy with?

8 replies

Latest activity by Sam&Louise, 23 January, 2012 at 20:08
  • T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

*Calling Houdini*!

• Mandkell
    Beginner June 2012
    Mandkell ·
    • Hide content

Hello Trickers

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Houdini is a poster on here who got married at Orsett Hall so just putting a shout out for her.

• Mandkell
    Beginner June 2012
    Mandkell ·
    • Hide content

OOOOHHHHHHHH thank you

• .adicat
    .adicat ·
    • Hide content

I went to wedding there last year and was hugely impressed with the whole place, the rooms, the staff, the gardens, the food - everything! Some pics from the wedding ?

http://weshotyourwedding.blogspot.com/2011/07/wedding-of-lucy-matt-at-orsett-hall.html

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

The tricky one is correct, I got married at OH in 2010, the Gold Room. Anything specific you want to know?

The food was good, only let down by a poor selection when it came to dietary requirements. The buffet food they brought out for those needing a specific lot of food was late, cold and not very nice. But we brought this up with them afterwards so hopefully this has changed.

Also, make sure you ask if the co ordinators are there all day; I only saw the girls who we'd had meetings with beforehand as I walked down the aisle, they disappeared after that so a couple of small issues had to be taken up with the bar staff so they could find someone to help.

Really did have a lovely day though. It's a beautiful venue, even more so now than when we got married there as they have the additional restaurant and the chapel.

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    sgreen ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a couple of balls at Orsett Hall and it is a good choice.

Lovely location, polite and helpful staff and a good atmostsphere and food.

No complaints from me!

• Mandkell
    Beginner June 2012
    Mandkell ·
    • Hide content

Hey there

thank you so much for this, i keep hearing bad things about the evening buffet! i just want it all to be perfect and now i am panicking Smiley sad

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Lovely venue! Can't say i've ever tried the food there however, but glad your mind has been put at ease somewhat by othersSmiley smile

I know it's a daft suggestion, but don't worry too much- just make sure everyones squiffy and no one will be worrying about the food!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics