Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2017

ORSETT HALL, FRIERN MANON, FENNES.

SunnyPurpleDecor523, 19 of March of 2016 at 18:38 Posted on Planning 0 6

I have seen 5 venue and got it down to 3 , but I cant decide between the 3 I like all 3 of them , I aint planning on getting married until 2017/2018. has anyone got married at any of theses places recently. how did everyone else decide on what venue to go with its so hard.

6 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPurpleDecor523, 22 of March of 2016 at 17:17
  • MrsWallaceToBe
    Beginner August 2016
    MrsWallaceToBe ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding in Fennes last year. It was raining so unfortunately my friends plans to be married outside on the lawn had to be changed to a ceremony inside. A shame because the grounds are lovely!! Nevertheless it was a beautiful wedding and exclusive to one wedding.

I'm getting married in August 2016 at Orsett Hall in the Pavilion Smiley smile We decided on this venue because we have alot of guests and the pavilion can accomodate everyone comfortably. We loved the room and thought the grounds to the front and back were lovely. Although they can have more than one wedding on the same day.. the pavilion is separate as its round the back, they have told us they have no weddings booked on our date which I'm happy about.. The location is convenient for us as its 15 minutes away from our ceremony church venue and from our house.

• S
    Beginner October 2017
    SunnyPurpleDecor523 ·
    • Hide content

Me and my fiancé wanna pay for the wedding our self so am deciding the budget we are thinking 10k for everything but don't mine going up to 12k but hopefull stick to 10. What's your budget, it's about 7kjust got the venue and food etc and that's quoted at 50 people, what's your budget ?, I love the gold and blue room as I am having between 50 to 75. How many venues did you look out and was it a hard decision for you to pick I'm finding it so hard, I live about 30 mins away from there so we live close together .

• MrsWallaceToBe
    Beginner August 2016
    MrsWallaceToBe ·
    • Hide content

We're paying for most of our wedding ourselves.. however we have been given a gift of 3k by his parents... weddings are an expensive business!! Orsett hall was the 1st venue we looked at. We looked at 10 venues but ended up going back to book Orsett Hall. We both have big families and a large circle of good friends so are having abt 175 all day guests and budget has crept up to about 20k (not including honeymoon).

Think abt what points are important to you and compare all the venues you like on these points. Also try and see if you can haggle or get any extras thrown in... we managed to get orsett hall to give us the bridal suite for free on the wedding night!

• S
    Beginner October 2017
    SunnyPurpleDecor523 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I'll have to see how it gets on

• S
    Beginner October 2017
    SunnyPurpleDecor523 ·
    • Hide content

Is everything booked did you use there recommend suppliers or your own , what colours you picked

• MrsWallaceToBe
    Beginner August 2016
    MrsWallaceToBe ·
    • Hide content

I've got most things booked. Mainly from my own research not their recommended suppliers.

However they say chair covers can only be one of two suppliers - their own florist Aura Design based at Orsett Hall or another company Everythings Covered from Enfield.. I'm going with Everythings Covered.

My theme is lace and pearl, main colour is dusky pink.

Good Luck with planning! Make sure you take your time and enjoy it!!

• S
    Beginner October 2017
    SunnyPurpleDecor523 ·
    • Hide content

I will let you know what I will go for x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics