Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

o/t anyone from nottingham???

8 June, 2010 at 09:50 Posted on Planning 0 13

We're going to but a house in nottingham but have no idea where is good and where is bad.....can anyone help us?

hubby works in sinfin and the job im going for that i really really want is in newark on trent........so kinda somewhere in the middle?

i'm getting so stressed over it as we see a nice house drive to the area then i'm like lock the car doors!!

thankies xxxxxxx

13 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_T2B, 10 June, 2010 at 13:19
  • M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Oooo Im originally from newark- lived there for 20 years Smiley smile

Where you working?

I dont know nottingham too well as i went to lincoln mostly- but know of the villages just outside x

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Yes I'm from nottingham (but originally from stenson fields near sinfin funnily enough!)

Whereabouts is newark on trent? Is it near newark itself? You're right there are loads of rough places here!! But lots of nice ones too...Nice areas near a52 for derby and j25 are bramcote (lovely, quite expensive), beeston, stapleford (some of it anyway), and the other side, near the a50 to get to derby and j24 of m1 are west bridgford, ruddington and lots of nice little villagey type places like cotgrave and edwalton...these are 'newark end' I guess. Other nice areas that end are gamston, radcliffe on trent and most of wilford (which is a bit nearer town) is nice too and not half as expensive as west bridgford.

Areas I would personally stay away from (don't want to offend!) are St Anns, Bestwood, Basford, Hyson Green, Aspley, Bulwell, Radford and Meadows.

Let me know if you want any further info or if newark on trent is nowhere near where I've guessed!! Good luck! ?

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Don't know how nice it is but it's not really nottingham, more mansfield and very far from Sinfin!

We used to live in west bridgford, it is lovely and has really good schools but you don't get much for your money!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

I don't know for sutton but you wouldn't get a 3 bed detached in west bridg. We sold our 3 bed semi there recently for £160k which is crazy really compared to what you could get in wilford nearby.

It's worth looking at the areas near the a52 which are nice and would make your hubby's journey a lot easier but you'd still be good for notts itself!

Good luck - stressful but exciting times!

• Frizzball
    Beginner October 2010
    Frizzball ·
    • Hide content

I lived there for 3½ weeks before I got burgled! ironically we was in the bank sorting out our contents insurance as it was happening so we were not covered they completely cleaned us out and I came running home to London !!

I’m sure there are lovely parts of Nottingham just not on the Ilkeston road

• mrs lewis 2b
    Beginner October 2012
    mrs lewis 2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi tinkerbelle, i have family in pinxton and south normanton. both are nice villages.

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, yeah Ilkeston Road is pretty rough! Most of the places surrounding the city centre are tbh! What awful irony though, not the best welcome to a new town!

Sorry Tinkerbelle I don't know Pinxton or that area at all but good luck with your search and fingers crossed for your job! ?

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

I think it's all down to personal preference to be honest. Yes, there are rough areas, but aren't they everywhere? Unless you go and live on a remote island then you won't live ANYWHERE on earth that is 100% crime free.

I think Nottingham gets a lot of bad press for the likes of gun crime etc but then again some people take what they read in papers as gospel.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics