Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stazzle

O/T I just met Harry Hill!

Stazzle, 9 December, 2009 at 14:47 Posted on Planning 0 21

Sorry to be a bit over excited, and I know his humour is not to everyone's taste, but I just met Harry Hill in Canary Wharf! ?

He was signing copies of his new TV Burp book, me and OH are big fans so I've bought one and got him to sign it and dedicate it to OH! I'm going to wrap it up as a little extra Xmas pressie, he will be really pleased ?

And just for the hell of it, (and because I'm excited to show someone, but can't rush home and tell T because it will ruin the surprise ?) here's a little piccy of us:

I love Hazza!! <manic fan icon> ?

21 replies

Latest activity by bethanw, 9 December, 2009 at 21:49
  • C
    Beginner May 2011
    Curly Panda ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! thats amazing!

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

Wow Stazzle! That's cool! I work next to Teddington Studios where Harry Hills TV Burp is filmed & he's always in our car park! Still haven't taken up the free staff offer of tickets though...

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Fab!!!!! Your OH will be so pleased but how will you cope not being able to tell him?!!?! I'd burst big style.....lol

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! Im not a fan of his but if you are i can imagine how exciting that must be! Actually, I can see how exciting it is in your face!! What a great present for OH too!

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Cool! nice pic of you too, stazzle.

<old lady icon> i saw him do one of his stand up routines in a tiny club in beckenham years ago. there must have only been about 50 people there. he was hilaaaaaaarious. <old lady icon>

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I know Gillsy, I am just dying to tell OH, even considered giving him the present early, but I know it will be much better to wait until Xmas morning and see him open it on the page where he's signed it!

Moya - yeah I do look really excited in the pic don't I! All my work mates said the same ? I was a bit like a starstruck kid, terribly embarrassing!

Foddette - now that is cool, if you do ever get the free staff tickets offer then maybe I'll need to become a temporary employee for the day? ? ?

Yeah I am really pleased with the pressie, OH better appreciate it, I did queue up for about 35 mins! I am sure he will love it ?

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

Ohh brill! I love meeting famous people, I am such a groupie ?

Was he nice?

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bluewater - I've never seen any of his stand up but really want to! He is from around our neck of the woods too isn't he?

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

<aside> stazzle, i COMPLETELY forgot to email back about the shoes!!! are you still interested? don't worry if not, and sorry if you have found something else in the meantime or were waiting on me <aside>

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Hugo - yeah he was lovely, really polite and friendly! Oh, and he was there with the guy off TV Burp who dresses up as Heather off Eastenders ? I really wanted a pic between them both but the security guards weren't letting anyone go behind the desk (dont know why!)

I get ridiculously excited about meeting famous people, T and I met Jimmy Carr after a gig earlier in the year and I went all silly, like a schoolgirl or something - T was quite embarrassed ? It's not even as if I fancied him or anything, I was just like....he's FAMOUS! ?

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what kind of lead time there is for getting tickets. Think it's normally days before! I will keep my ear to the ground for you.

I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret, I think I'd burst!!!!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I always wondered why he gave up medicine.

Was it a) to earn more money in the (cough) comedy business

or b) coz he kept pissing off his patients with his rubbish sense of humour???????

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Stazzle that's fab!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In other words..."Stazzle you and your OH have a rubbish sense of humour" ?

Each to their own, I did acknowledge that he's not to everyone's tastes...but I think he's great and it will be a fab present for my OH who's a big fan too. Plus it was good I got to meet him ?

I am sure you probably like a few people who I think are pretty rubbish too ? ?

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

With that bag round your wrist, I thought he had three hands. It looks like one of his sleeves!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I wasnt commenting on you stazzle, just merely wondering why on earth hed give up a career as a doctor to do what he does...... mind boggles and all that....

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Harry Hill is the man!! I am so jealous. Just a shame he didnt have the knitted character with him!!

Sid x

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I suppose because of the immense responsibility and pressure - not to mention the crap hours!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh the knitted character was there alright!! Sitting on the table with Heather! ? Should have asked to get it in the pic really, thinking about it - oh well!

• Bob - An Image For You
    Bob - An Image For You ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There I was, thinking he was a teacher before becoming a comedian. All the same, I find him very funny on his show and his comments on that You've Been Framed.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.harryhillknittedcharacter.com/?gclid=CMeC_aaeyp4CFcts4wodPHZ2sQ

i had to go google and see what u were talking about. Maybe your OH can buy you this?

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

Um...............JEALOUS! We love HH. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics