Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

celticgoddess
Beginner March 2012

O/T just booked a holiday to haven haggerston castle

celticgoddess, 31 January, 2011 at 16:18 Posted on Planning 0 19

Anybody ever been there before? we cant afford abroad this year so this looked like the next best thing......looks great for the teenage moaners i mean kids lol.....loads of stuff to do....might get some peace then!!!

19 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 1 February, 2011 at 09:05
  • xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

I have, we are also booked to go in March!

It's good, plenty for all the family and there's loads of lovely little villages around too! ?

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Yay!! do you have any recommendations on places to go outwith the park? H2B's 11 yr old son is a very fussy eater and will prob get sick of the food outlets after a few days....so we are thinking of going into 'town' for a nose lol....whereas my twin girls will eat anything and i mean anything! (my weekly food shop is ridiculous)

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i live not far from Haggerston in Alnwick there is no "town" to spea of near there as its just off the A1 moterway. But Berwick is not that far and Alnwick is About 30 mins or so away and has Alnwick Castle and Gardens.

Also the Northumberland coast line is lovely and has some great beaches.

Enjoy your hols

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Well, I *think* the site has like a cafe/bar which is your basic pub food, then pizza and possibly Burger King...or some sort of burger bar.

The site itself is quite isolated.

Berwick is about 10 min drive and thats a lovely little town which has a bit of everything.

Oh and there's Eyemouth about 20 mins north which is a nice little fishing village. So lots of fresh fish and little local pubs.

Failing all else, there's a shop on the site so you could always buy him something and cook it? We tend to buy bits for breakfast and lunch anway.

Where abouts are you from?

x

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Im from just outside glasgow........i know northumberland a wee bit as i used to go out with a guy from alnmouth a few years ago (we met online).....he was lovely lol but the distance made it so difficult so we split up...... anyway enough of that!

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Hurray for Haven! We are off in April to the Lake District one.

Reminds me I'd better get it paid!

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I had a look at that its lovely too but didnt want to travel too far....so we have less than 2 hrs to travel now...

i used to work at the haven in ayr when it was owned by butlins......god what a laugh that was, i was 18 and fabulous darling!!!

• *Liz*
    Beginner May 2008
    *Liz* ·
    • Hide content

I am just about to book our Summer holiday to Haggerston Castle! We went last year and we loved it. So much to do that we were never bored. We went outwith the park a few days and went to Alnwick Castle or the Harry Potter Castle as J called it!

We also went to Holy Island for a few hours which was lovely, there was also a small Birds of Prey Centre on the way to Holy Island that was good and they had a fab little cafe/restaurant.

Hope you enjoy it x

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

My OH used to work at Haven too! He was on the door of the "nightclub". He had muchos fun with the poor drunken holiday girls!

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

when are you thinking of going liz?

@JST i worked in the food court it was slave labour but the social life was great as we could get tanked up on diesel after our shifts (it was snakebite with some kinda cordial in it but i cant remember what!) i remember getting all my tattoos done when i worked there ( i have 3) and my mum wasnt amused hahhaha

• *Liz*
    Beginner May 2008
    *Liz* ·
    • Hide content

We are going the last week in July. Had to wait until today to book it as my H had to confirm his annual leave. Really sad I know but I am so looking forward to it!

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You mustn't be overly far from me then, I'm in Ashington, but my family is mainly around Alnwick and Berwick. xx

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we are going on the 22nd july for a week! ive just noticed youre from glasgow (im from just outside) small world eh! i feel the same i cant wait to go, we went to turkey last year and although it was ok i wouldnt go back, the heat was too much for me for a start!

• *Liz*
    Beginner May 2008
    *Liz* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are going the 23rd, what a very small world it is! Hope you enjoy it. I went to Turkey years ago and like it but coldn't cope with the heat. I'm bad enough on a sunny day here let alone anywhere else!

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thats so weird isnt it....lol how many of you will there be? there will be me, H2B, his son who will be 11 and my twin daughters who are 13......cant wait for the peace tbh!

• *Liz*
    Beginner May 2008
    *Liz* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just 3 of us, me, my H and our son J who will be 6. He's so looking forward to it, I had to explain tonight that it's still 6 months away ? Your kids will love it, it's great for all ages x

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I hope we get decent weather for it!

• *Liz*
    Beginner May 2008
    *Liz* ·
    • Hide content

Me too! There was torrential rain and flooding just before we went last year but it dried up. Only got a few days of nice weather but never really expected anything else.

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Ooh not far at all! Tis a small world, good luck for your wedding not long now!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I really like the area and was up there last March. Downside was a pretty awful Curry in a so called award winning restaurant in Berwick although apart from that it was all great.

The Preston Tower is worth a visit. Not large, although very interesting.

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics