Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_T2B
Beginner May 2011

O/T No bra under dress?

Mrs_T2B, 30 July, 2010 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hey ladies.

Sorry if this sounds like a bit of a strange question, and quite intimate, but are you wearing a bra under your dress?

My dress has a built in corset so I personally don't think I will bother with a bra/corset , asd I get the shape I like from just being in the dress.

What are you thoughts on this?

Mrs_T2B x

21 replies

Latest activity by Soybean, 1 August, 2010 at 11:00
  • Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

My sister in law didn't wear one, she didn't need to because of the corset style. If you dont need one i wouldnt worry

x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

My dress didn't have a corset so I did wear one but if it had had a corset I would have def gone without. Don't feel like you "should" wear one.

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you on the 'bone' I just think it will be uncomfortable with another corset underneath especially in May when it may be quite warm too!

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

I wore a bra for my fittings , but as the bust got taken in, i tried it without, and it was a lot more comfortable, so i will be going with out on the day

• S
    Beginner
    Smuggle ·
    • Hide content

My dress didn't have a corset as such, but it did have underwiring in and was cut very nicely. I'm a big chested girl myself and I wore it without a bra. It was fine. Wearing a bra would have just added to the heat, and I was more worried about the back failing down a bit than the front, because then you'd have seen the strap.

My sister wore one of those 'no bras' under hers. It gave her a little extra lift and pushed her more into the shape of the dress making it more secure. You can get those bras here - www.tempestra.co.uk

S.

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Ummmm, not sure TBH. I was thinking about this myself. I think I'm going to take fittings nearer the time and try both with and without a bra and see which is better for me

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

I was the same as trickers as being quite buxom in the chest area i didnt think the dresses would hold me up but was pleasantly surprised when i found my dress supported them better than most of my bra's!!

So for first time in years I am going go bra free!! Yay!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I was planning on not wearing one.

But I am worried about the "squahing" effect the corset may have on my chest - I want it to be there! haha - so depends on whether I need the extra boob boost! haha

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Me three! At my fittings I left my bra on but the lady in the boutique advised to take it off with all (or most) of the Ronald Joyce dresses having an inner corset anyway x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

One things for sure....

You become less shy when you start trying on wedding dresses...

Prancing around shops in underwear and whipping bra's off for fittings! Eek - can't imagine that in New Look!

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That actually made me laugh out loud! Can you imagine that, 'excuse me, do you have this a size smaller' standing their in your bra and knickers LOL!!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

It's odd really..Because when I was in Beaties which I consider to be "posher" I was happy to walk around in my nude coloured strapless bra and a hoop covering my bottom half - very sopisticated!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I am going bra-less. I am an F cup and my dress is very supportive.

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    MollyD1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

No I am not going to either as like you mine has a built in corset.

If you did wear one when you dont need it, it could bulk out the dress in the boob area etc so if your happy with the shape already then thats good! (and it's one less thing to buy!)

x

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a corset in my dress so need a strapless bra for my size G puppies but the dressmaker has sewn in 2 bra holders so the bra threads through them and I won't get the slippage. If it was corsetted I'd probably go without but feel naked.

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

My dress isn't corseted but it is going to be so fitted at the top I won't need a bra. The same thing happened when I was a BM last year - I was very srurpised as as I am an F cup I've never gone braless before!

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I'm not going to wear one as my dress has a corset. My dress actually fits me better without a bra too!

• D
    Beginner
    Doodle ·
    • Hide content

I wore one as I don't like my boobs au natural! That said I didn't wear any fancy wedding bra as despite buying several none fit properly under my dress. Under up with a cheapy plunge bra from a catologue which looked stunning.

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

I tried mine on with a basque type thing and it felt like I was wearing scaffolding, was so uncomfortable so will be going bra free too and letting the puppies breathe ?

If it's boned you really don't need a bra.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics