Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

O/T - OH being Sulk (Staffy puppy)

22 September, 2010 at 08:12 Posted on Planning 0 8

Oh god!! Last night i was sorting out my new website in peace, all of sudden there was i heard "Babbbbeeeee" i knew come to that, OH always say "Babe" in the nice way, or wanted something... anyway he show me the Text from our mate, saying X got Staffy Pup, had to get rid of it cos of the Landlord, X aint allow have pup in the house, wondering if OH wanted to take Staffy! I thought oh nooo.. i know OH always wanted Staff, we have been talked about this before all year, we agree to have a staff when we get married, or during making family...

Anyway i said to him Sorry we cant, we havent got the money.. and staffy is 8 weeks old.. its huge job plus we are working full time job and got wedding to pay for and this house its not the right time! He keep saying thats his responsibility and will pay thro his Allowance... i said its not simple is that... all i am saying we gotta pay the wedding by Dec to get out of the way.. and then hes being sulk!!

15 mins later about 9pm i heard someone downstair, its was X with Staffy.. of course its sooooooo sweet, she playing round etc etc of course my heart melt. OH look at me like sad dog.. i said to X i am sorry... i dont know what else to say..... x didnt leave about 11.30pm...

OH trying to be nice and make a sad look.. i said to him i aint say nothing, and i am not going to help.. you know my answer that full stop... and we agree to have a staff after the wedding or something! but Not now!! i do feel bad, but i am doing right thing...

One thing is worry me.... if i come home from work tonight, seeing Staffy there..... i dont know what to do.. its going.. i dont wanna to be meanful.. its just we cant afford it, plus i dont like leaving the dog in house all day.. i used to had three yorkshire terriers for 15 years with my parent i know how its work, etc etc OH havent had all that experience.. Dog is not a toy, dog is being love and family...

Elizaxx

8 replies

Latest activity by lovelygirl, 22 September, 2010 at 10:45
  • delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

Of course your right Elizabeth, Its not as though you are saying no,never. Just not right now.

Its never a good idea to get any animal on a whim, they deserve better than that. Do you both work? You cant leave a puppy on its own all day. Try and get your oh to think it through properly.

How are your wedding plans coming along?

• S
    Beginner
    Sloan-R ·
    • Hide content

I agree, a dog shouldn't be left all day it's not fair. I'm a big animal lover and have a dog myself but if both of us were working full time i'd never have had him. It's selfish, you are doing the right thing.

• MrsKeating2B
    Beginner April 2011
    MrsKeating2B ·
    • Hide content

Awwwww i love staffy puppys.. lol.. We got one while we were wedding planning 7 months ago.. they are AMAZING dogs... everyone should have one! but yeah they are sooo expensive..

they get rashes and bad tummys on cheap food so its about 15 quid a week for food.. we work long hours so its 80 quid a month for 3 days a week dog walker.. and not to mention the fact they have to have special KONG toys they cant destroy so they are about a tenner a toy.. luckily we hit the nail on the head as soon as we got her and she hasnt destroyed anything but i imagine if she wanted to that would be costly!

Deffo get one.. but only when you can afford.. and when you have the attention to give it because they are soo energetic.. she walks 3 times a day for about an hour and she still runs round the house chasing toys all night long... Smiley smile ill flash my little princess MIA... Smiley smile

7 weeeks old Smiley smile

now at 7 months Smiley smile

x

• M
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsDicken2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats expensive what food are you feeding? I feed my staffy Jasper Pero SBT its £20 for 12 kg and lasts me approx.6 weeks.

And to add my bit I totally agree with that it just isn't the right time to have a pup. They have to be fed 3 times a day so that means coming home during your lunch. Which you'd have to do anyway with them being so young.

My Jasper is 6 years old and he stays at home on his own from between 4 and 8 hours 4 days a week. So its ok for an older dog to be left but only if they've had time to get used to it so they won't get separation anxiety.

Hopefully you won't come home to the pup.

• MrsKeating2B
    Beginner April 2011
    MrsKeating2B ·
    • Hide content

Its called "healthy options" hypoallergenic food. Its from a local pet shop.. i suppose you could liken it to wainwrights. My Mia has allergy to cheap foods such as bakers... so she gets rash on her armpit and belly.. so the vet told us to get this stuff.. Its 15 a bag wich lasts about 8/9 days.. works a treat tho and i feel better knowing im giving her healthy food. Smiley smile xxx

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I say stick to your guns elizabeth!!! puppies are hard work!!! and doubly so if you don't have the time and money to dedicate to them. If he wants to walk a dog why not offer to walk a friends dog or put an ad out on gumtree i am sure there would be people willing to let him borrow their dog for a few hours and some exercise! When you are considering (ie not right now) why don't you look after a friends dog who is going on holiday for 2 weeks and have a trial run so to speak????

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics