Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

debs1701
Beginner

O/T Oh woe is me post..feeling sorry for myself!

debs1701, 21 January, 2010 at 12:21 Posted on Planning 0 7

As some of you may know, I was 30 on Sunday and so far it's been pretty crap ☹️, period started on Saturday so was really crampy for the first few days therefore didn't do anything for my bday, woke up on Tuesday feeling like crap, severe cramps, splitting headache, sore throat so took the day off work (had already booked the Monday off as a holiday).

On Monday night I called up to see a friend of mine and my eye got really itchy so as you do, I was rubbing it, trying to get what I thought was an eyelash out of it only to nd up like I had done 10 very unsuccesful rounds with Mike Tyson, when I got home, h2b actually thought I had been in a fight my eye looked that bad but when I woke up on Tuesday it felt ok, just a bit crusty.

Tuesday afternoon I had called over to my mums to get some pain killers I had left there on Sunday and my other eye started weeping, itchy, sore, I thought it was an allergy starting as my mum had lillies sitting on the fireplace and they always start me off....so I rang my GP's (where I work) to get a script for eye drops as I could cope with one eye going "funny" but not two. I left it about an hour before I called up, walking into the surgery looking like Joan Collins and her sun glasses to find out that the doc had completely skipped my request so one of the girls I work with rang down to another doc who said she wanted to see me...I didn't want to take up their time, just a script for tears naturale would of done...or so I thought!

I have conjunctivitis in not one...but both eyes!, she gave my a script for eye drops and told me to use them every 2 hours, even though the script states every four hours so that is what I have been doing, she advised me to take time off work since I would be sitting at a computer all day and it wouldn't be advisable, even sitting her now 2 days later my eyes are still sore, they actually feel bruised although the puss has almost completely gone(sorry tmi), they're still a bit crusty in the morning.

I am thinking about going back tomorrow as the rota for next week needs to be done along with the room availabilty for the docs, I have clinics to book, readcodes to do, chart summarising to be done for new patients, medicals to book and no one to help while I am off ☹️ plus I'm not getting paid for being off either as we always loose our 1st 3 days of sickness.

Hope I feel ok in the morning to go into work, the thought of going back on Monday with all that workload hanging over my head is starting to get me panicked a bit, I hate being sooo behind especially with still being soo short staffed.

Hope everyone else's day is going smoothly ?

7 replies

Latest activity by debs1701, 23 January, 2010 at 18:11
  • cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

I get this wheni'm around cats but not as severe as you.

don't worry about work (easy for me to say!) i've just had to take 2 days off for a family emergency and hate my tray being so full of work, i hadn't been rota'd on to do my case work since before xmas so today was my casework day and i've had it off but i think stuff it were short staffed because they (The Department for Transport and civil service in general) are on a recruitment freeze and we don't have enough staff. you can only do what you can do, and the more you push to get things done i.e go to work when your ill the more they think that they don't need to employ more staff and the worser your gonna feel and the longer it will take before your on the mend!

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Aww debs, sorry your feeling so rubbish. I cant really offer much advice but hope you feel better soon!

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies ?

I just hate the fact that it "looks" like I can't cope with my work load when I have got so much on, my bosses are aware that we are short staffed and that everyones work is getting behind but they still get on your back about it, they are going to try and recruit 1 and a half staff as they put it (1 f/t and 1 p/t) but that still won't be enough as we will all have to work longer hours to try and catch up, especially having to train new staff when we are struggling to cope already.

Ah well, as you said, there is ony so much I/we can do but it's still stressful [Smiley sad[

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Ach rubbish!

keep going for the film star look though Smiley smile))) looks good!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Aw Debs - hope you are feeling better soon. Go with teehee's suggestion of the film star look!!!!

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girlies, will definately keep the film star look going for a while ?

• MrsW2b
    Beginner May 2008
    MrsW2b ·
    • Hide content

Sorry you are having a rubbish time..? I know exactly what its like as ive been off several weeks...1st day back today and was a pile to do & the boss stacking the pressure on enough to make me run for the hills!

On a good note, its Friday tommorow, thats something. Sounds like you need some TLC & a nice rest & choccy at the weekend x

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

MrsW2b, I'm really not looking froward to going back to work on Monday, the thought of having so much to do and more than likely not getting any time to do it is getting to me already...think I might just go in and tell everyone that if I am needed for anything other than an emergency then to not bother me at all so that I can just get my head down, if they have any queries or something needs done asap...I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics