Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2014

Other Justin Alexander 8596 brides!

cornishbride2bee, 13 of September of 2013 at 08:22 Posted on Planning 0 39

Hi everyone, I am a JA bride....will be wearing my 8596 dress in just over 6 months (eeekkkk!) and seeing if any of you had already worn the dress?

I love to see photos of real life brides in their dresses.

And, as a side.....if anyone has any extra lace from this dress please let me know. Im desperately trying to find enough to make some little cap sleeves.

Thanks and cant wait to see your photos! xx

39 replies

Latest activity by nicolajf86, 16 of December of 2014 at 23:25
  • ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Ooooooh!! I tried this dress on today and am completely in love with it! I thought it might be the one until I put a Benjamin Roberts one on after and now I'm completely torn!! Going back in the next few days to have another swish around in them both...I may well be back with a flash!! :-)

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

That's my dress too! I have not got it yet but will be wearing it on Dec 21st! Cannot wait for it to come in. It seems an age already and i only ordered it last month. Going to try the sample on again so the FMIL can see a week tomorrow so might see if I can get a pic then. Though I might not cos I might just show everyone then!

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content

Shropshire Lass - which is the BR dress that you are also considering? xx

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content

Emmiejune - how are you having your hair? Are you wearing a veil? xx

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its the 2392 (without straps & belt though...I'd have a lace bolero)

The JA is stunning though...the shop let us take pics and I've spent aaaages comparing the photos and I love them both so much! It's gonna be a tough decision! I had the same problem a few weeks ago with JA 8626 and JA 8658.....and Pronovias Lanete!

I wasn't born to make decisions...

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

I really don't know yet! I had always thought I'd have my hair down but I don't really want to hide the details of the back of the dress. I have a hair trail on Oct 5th so am going to try some loose, messyish up dos. If I had a veil it would have top be pretty plain for the same reasons.

I am going to try the sample on again next week so FMIL can see so might play about with accessories then.

I had such a difficult time choosing between this one and the 8630 as that was the one I had been looking at since I got engaged!

Which colour did you go for? ine is the ivory/oyster one.

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Sorry if pic is huuuuge...this is me in the JA 8596 Smiley smile

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

You look amazing! As I have no pics of me in it I had forgotten how much train there is! I hope I look half as good as you!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile
    I didn't actually pick this dress out, the lady in the shop did. I loved it as soon as I put it on...I kinda wish I hadn't tried the BR one after!

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness.....you look AMAZING! xx

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have gone for the Ivory/Alabaster one. How funny....I was also stuck between this and 8630! They are both so different, but I fell in love the back of this one, and I know my H2B likes tight fitting over princess which helped with my decision!

I have borrowed a veil to try on with my dress (my dress is already at home).....one minute I want to wear one, then I dont. But im worried if I dont I may regret it? as its the one day in your life you can wear one.....aaaaahhhh decisions!

xx

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Hah, that is uncanny! I am concerned that I might feel over done in a veil as well, but yes, don't want to miss out the one opportunity to wear one. As mine is Dec 21st I am concerned about being cold as well so haveto C consider something to cover arms after the ceremony.

I went for the tighter fitting one asI have lost quite a lot of weight and the other didn't show that off as much. (not planned though, I have gallstones!) I also felt a bit like I was playing dress up in the princess one!

Would love to see what it looked like with a veil.The model pic has such a harsh hairstyle that I can't imagine it more casual.

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content

Ive had 3 brides JA brides in 8596 this summer and they all looked absolutely stunning. 2 of the 3 went for veils, both full length, 1 with a very heavy lace edging and the other with a very simple tulle veil with with a narrow ribbon edging to mirror the satin band. It is such a stunning dress, with a very pretty back, and if you are going to wear a veil I would suggest a full length so not to cover any of the stunning details.

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed! I tried the dress on with a full length veil and it went perfectly! I'd def recommend one!

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I shall try one on Saturday then!

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thank you for sharing these photos! They look lovely! Im excited even more now....Embrace Bridal....do you have any idea how I could obtain any more lace in the same design as 8596 to possibly make some little cap sleeves? I brought my dress from a dress agent who isnt able to get any for me? xx

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Going to try the sample on again this afternoon for FMIL! Excited! I shall try it with some veils I think Smiley smile

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Well, I still love it so that is good news! I have decided against a long veil I think but I did try it on with a birdcage veil and was pleasantly surprised. I'd have to wear it quite far back as I don't like the shadows on my head (felt like pinhead from Hell raiser!) But is is an idea. It was quite a plain one but would find a comb to go with it that wasn't completely covered in sparkles!

I can also start looking for shoes now as I know what heel height to go for so it doesn't have to be taken up.

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content

Oh EmmieJune, how exciting! Funny, as I re-tried my dress and have gone for a full length single tier veil (no sparkles or anything). Have to wait a few weeks before I get the veil, but when I do I will flash a pic. Did you manage to get any photos? xx

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

No, I didn't dare as I knew I'd either show EVERYONE, or I'd look at it until I found things I didn't like! I'm not certain about a birdcage veil but I'm not sure a long veil is very me.

I did find the bhs lace shoes i wanted last night though even though the website is being stupid. Hope I like them as they are 100 quid cheaper than the other shoes I like!

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

My dad picked this dress out for me... It's lovely but I decided it wasn't for me! The neck was too highfor me. It's a stunning dress though I love lace. I've ended up with a lace maggie dress!

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

The high neck was one of the selling points for me! I have terrible trouble with my skin around that area at times so it took out some of the worry about that!

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

My dress has arrived! Exciting! Got to make an appointment to try it on again now ?

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mrs D H to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies I have just ordered this dress to wear for my wedding in Sept 14 and I love love love it! I have been a little concerned since discovering yesterday that it is a 2012 dress but I see you are all wearing it this year and am filled with confidence on how lovely it is and that it is a classic and still very much in with the trends.

i was starting to feel a little annoyed when I realised that I was not shown the latest JA dresses in the boutique where I bought it from but looking at your posts I think I'm worrying for nothing!

enjoy your dresses and your big day :-)

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content

It's a gorgeous dress! I wear mine in 8.5 weeks yay!!!! Xx

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Here is me in mine from Dec!

• terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress x

• NYCBride
    Beginner September 2014
    NYCBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

I'm a Justin Alexander bride as well but not the 8596. Instead I've opted for a tea length - the 8465. I love the shape of this dress though. I tried on a similar shape - the 8688 which I'd fallen in love with the second I saw it but which sadly didn't suit me.

You all look lovely in the pics

x

• goofycat
    Beginner May 2014
    goofycat ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm a JA8596 bride as well went with Ivory/Alabaster, wedding is 2nd May this year, can't wait to wear it.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

It really was a lovely dress to wear and I even managed to go to the loo without help!

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content

Have you got any photos of you in the dress? X

• L
    Beginner November 2014
    LuxuriousYellowFlowers121 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

I have just put a deposit down for this dress....absolutely in love. My wedding is this November in Australia.

Photos look great from the previous posts!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics