Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Curious August 2023 North West London

Other roles than flower girl

Dee, 12 of June of 2023 at 14:32 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
So my FH has a 7 of nieces and nephews aged between 5 and 17. The 5 year old will be our page boy and my 7 year old niece will be a flower girl, and we have got them both little gifts to ‘propose’.

The issue is my FH is worried about the other nieces and nephews feeling left out. Does anyone have any ideas of how we can make them feel more involved in the wedding? I was thinking maybe the boys could be ushers, but not sure if I should also get them little gifts! And not sure what to do about the girls as they are all teenagers!

2 replies

Latest activity by Marisa, 21 of June of 2023 at 11:43
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

So there are 7 in total and two of the 7 are in the bridal party?

I really wouldn't worry about the others being left out. It would be different if only one or two were not included in the bridal party, but with 5 of them being left out, no one is going to feel singled out.

The younger ones probably won't even notice. The teens are unlikely to feel envious of a 7 year old, since she has a 'little girl's role'.

• S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with the above, it’s not like you’re ‘leaving’ 1 or 2 out. If they’re teens they won’t mind or even think about it. It might be a struggle to involve them all and I think they’ll just be happy to be there.

We’ve got 2 youngsters doing a reading in our ceremony but we’ve got a celebrant so we can put in whatever we need.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics