Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tayto
Beginner May 2013

Otter Weight Loss Support Thread

tayto, 28 of March of 2014 at 10:57 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 169

Welcome to the Otter Weight Loss Support Thread! The aim for the thread is to have somewhere to come for advice, inspiration or just general support for all diet and fitness related stuff. No pressure for 'weighing in days' or for weight loss announcements - just hop on and enjoy!

Name

Start Weight

Goal Weight

Week 3

Loss to Date

Ali_G

11st 1lb

10st

AlmostMrsCWB

Curvy

Less Curvy

ATB

Curvy

Less Curvy

Aykay

10st

9st 6lbs

-

Bliss_balloons

12st 4lbs

11st

-

Cat in a Teacup

12st 8lbs

10st

Celticurl

13st 5¾lbs

9st 10lbs

-

Cilla

10st 9lbs

9st 7lbs

2lbs

Cinnamon Ears

14st

12st

Cinnamon009

12st 5lbs

10st 7lbs

10st 6lbs (-1)

1lb

DrBuffles

12st

11st

DreamCatchMe

10st 10lbs

10st

Flora

10st

Maintaining

Frootishus

11st 2lbs

9st 5lbs

Gracey

100.9kg

96.10kg

InkedDoll

14st 5lbs

10st 5lbs

3lbs

Kharv

11st 13½lbs

11st

4.5lbs

KittenCake

10st 9lbs

10st

1lb

Kochanski

11st 12lbs

11st 4lbs

Maldives2013

9st 7lbs

8st 10lbs

Mellow_Yellow

10st 8lbs

9st 8lbs

MM3

14st 9lbs

12st 13lbs

4lbs

MrsM*LZ

12st 6lbs

11st 7lbs

5 ½lbs

MrsPDMtobe

11st 3lbs

10st

4lbs

Muppet

11st 3lbs

10st

1lb

Nammy502

17st 2lbs

12st

2lbs

Panjita

10st 10lbs

10st 1lb

Peanut

10st 5lbs

11lbs

Perox

9st 4lbs

Maintaining

Pompey

Curvy

Less Curvy

Rod

11st 7lbs

10st 7lbs

5lbs

SallyLou

10st

Maintaining

SillyWrong

10st 11lbs

9st 7lbs

2½lb

Tayto

10st

9st

10st 1lb (+1)

+1lb

Tizzie

9st 11lbs

8st 12lbs

Wickywack

13st

10st 7lbs

WinterBride14

Curvy

Less Curvy

169 replies

Latest activity by SuperSpud, 22 of April of 2014 at 11:26
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you! Hopefully will be able to keep me a bit focused if I've someone to report back to!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I'm in.

I am 5ft 4, 11 stone 7 (weep) and a size 12. I'm very curvy. Lots of people don't think I weigh as much as I do but this is the heaviest I've been in nearly 10 years.

I want to be a size 10 and preferably around 10 stone. I am focusing on losing 1 stone by the time I go on hols in July. Which is 14 weeks away. 1lb a week which I think is achievable.

I'm using MFP and going to the gym at least 3 times a week.

Been doing this a week so far and I feel better already. Not shown any loss on the scales yet but wont be weighing til Monday

Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I'm in!! I'm currently 11 Stone 3 and I'd like to get to about 10 stone. I've managed to lose 9lbs so far this year (very half heartedly to begin with) Following weight watchers online and I love it!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yep, me too. As mentioned in the other thread, 1 stone down, another 5 to go!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Count me in!

Last time I weighed myself I was 11st 1lb *sob* I haven't been over 11 stone in about 18 months.

At my lightest, I was 10 st 5lbs, but I'd REALLY like to get down to 10 st by the summer.

I can't really do any exercise at the moment which is a massive kick in the teeth. I tried to on Monday, but my ankle couldn't handle any of the aerobic stuff, which is what I need to do to kill calories.

I also really suck at eating healthily at the moment. My consumption of sweets & chocolate is something I really need to reign in.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Lovely - welcome along everyone! Will put everyone into a table ready for Monday - our official start.

Rod - I was doing MFP as well (before the detox) and will be back on it on Monday - found it great at the beginning of the year when I lost the first few lbs and it appeals to my nerdiness with gathering data. Was a bit of a wake up call regarding the amount of sugar I eat!

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Ooo that works perfectly as Monday is my official 'weigh day'

I need to really get back in to my exercise again, I have a 10k in 2 months...

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I am 5ft 6in. Before pregnancy I my weight averaged at about 12st7 and I'd been that kind of weight since I was about 19/20 (I'm 34 now). I wore 14/16 (mostly 16).

During pregnancy I went up to about 15 and a half stone. Eight weeks or so after baby was born, I joined Slimming World and at my lowest weight, I got to 10st 1. I'm about 10st 10 now, so would like to get back down to 10st 1 before the summer. I've got really lax and complacent and I'm scared I'll pile it all back on. I'm a size 12 now. If anyone needs any SW help, let me know xxx

Before

After

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in. I joined WW last Thursday even though I know I had a bad weekend planned, BIG birthday's, Girls nights out etc & I lost 2lb. I want to lose 1.5 stone so a way to go yet. I'm miffed off because my friend & I had planned to start running tonight (been planned for weeks) & she's just backed out. I still plan to go on my own but i'm now really nervous as have never run before but i've GOT to do it!

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Winterbride - I love running! I actually prefer running on my own, as I used the time to ponder and think and just give the brain and ole clear out.

enjoy it :-)

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

I'll let you know how I get on. ?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I love running too - it's the only exercise I've ever enjoyed - but since my arthritic hip got worse I can't really manage it anymore. So frustrating Smiley sad

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Me please.

5'5" and currently 11st 13.5lbs according to my first weigh in on Monday back at SW.

I was 10st 7lbs when I got married and I'd like to get back to that but my first target is 11st.

I feel like I'm doing ok this week so far. Tuesday was our anniversary night out but because we went to Fazenda, pretty much all I ate was meat so probably not too bad syns wise! Bonus! We shall ignore the wine, gin and cocktails...

I go on holiday in about a month so the plan is to be at least half a stone lighter by then.

I'm also trying to go swimming three times a week.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic - lots of people to join in - welcome along to all. And some really good reasons to lose weight which always helps a lot with motivation.

Panjita - excellent motivational story! I've never got down to my ideal weight - I usually get to within a stone of it and then give up or get slowly sucked back into my bad ways!

• N
    Beginner June 2015
    nammy502 ·
    • Hide content

Can i join in please, mondays are currently my weigh in days too..

Im 5'9" and 17stone 2lbs ? my heaviest ever. at my lightest i was around 11stone ish but that was in my early 20's

Myself and H2B are on dukan diet and we weigh every monday at 6:30pm. we started just over a month ago, and ive lost 9lbs in the time and H2B has lost just over 1stone. so we are both doing well.

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I'm in...here goes...

GULP

5'8 - 13st. (though I may not look it due to my fortunate shape and giant boobies) My heaviest ever. Goal weight is 11st, but my ideal would be 10.7 which I was 4 years ago before I moved in with hubby.

I plan on not putting off exercise by finding other things to do such as de-scaling the bathroom tiles, other housework, being 'too tired' or having aches and pains.

I want to start running, currently can jog for about 60 seconds and then feel like death but am determined to drop the weight as it is seriously getting me down.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

WickyWack - i'm with you with the running. I have downloaded the app 'Couch to 5k' which i've been told is great for new runners. Its a shame that we don't live near each other but it would be great if we could keep each other focused & motivated. I'm starting tonight! Wish me luck.

• M
    Beginner October 2013
    MrsM*LZ ·
    • Hide content

This sounds like a fab thread!

I'd like to join in...I'm 5' 8" and was 12st 6lb. I started Rosemary Conley 2 weeks ago and have so far lost 4lb of my 1st goal. My instructor reckons 11st 7lb is what i need to aim for as less than that i'd start to loose my shape. I've very fortunate with the shape i have, it just have a bit of a pot belly so 2 RC classes a week, 2 cycle rides, dancing and horse riding once a week coupled with the 30 day ab challenge (4 days in!) I'm hoping it won't take me too long to reach my goal.

I have an underactive thyroid which can hinder weight loss a bit but i'm determined to shift the last bit of this weight. I was 10st 7lb about 6 years ago before i got diagnosed and my weight had got up to 13st. I lost about 1.5st from the tablets but have put back on over the last 3 years living with H.

I have taken before pictures of my pot belly and large thighs for inspiration and motivation! (Yucky!)

• Gracey
    Beginner February 2012
    Gracey ·
    • Hide content

Me too please ?

I am 5'6" and was 100.9kg and thanks to my weight loss so far, I am down to 96.7kg in three weeks. As I said on my own thread I am following low GI, and using My Fitness Pal (mfp??) and trying to stick to around 1200 calories ish nett per day, doing exercise every day, and apart from on my two 'nights off' where we have take away or go out, I'm doing ok so far I think...

I am not sure what weight I want to get to, as I'm not v good at stones /pounds etc but I know I was up around 16 (blush, mortified ?) and now I am well on my way to 15 thankfully. I am quite heavy built and not a 'light frame' so was thinking around 11 stone ish would be sensible, or at least a start!!

Any weight loss tips or recipes would be more than welcome ?

Hugs to all other weight-otters (weight watchers but not ? rubbish joke lol)

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

I would like to join in please! I am 5'5" and I weigh 10st 9lb. Which I am pretty happy with as I was 11 st 1, it has taken me about 9 months to loose that though! I am officially a secret eater, I think I am doing really well and have been good, but I always 'forget' to put all my chocolate and wine on My Fitness Pall. I would like to be 10 stone, although I am not sure how realistic this is for me as I don't think I have ever been that light in my adult life.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do that occasionally too. I have to stop and remind myself how ridiculous I'm being. Why on earth would I lie to myself about things I know very well I've consumed?! I'm an adult, for God's sake. You gotta own your actions, and sometimes that will be eating things that contain fat and sugar etc. I try to just accept it and move on.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I would love to join in,but I'm off on holiday on Sunday. Can I add my weight when I come back as I'll probably be half a stone heavier than I am now?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm in please! I'm joining ww again tomorrow morning in the hope of losing 1-2 stone before the wedding. I've lost 4 lbs in the last week but im still eating rubbish and not exercising, i'm up n down with weight so much, so would do me good knowing im not alone and reporting back to you lot.

Ok so i'm currently 5'6'' and *gulp* 14st 9lbs...heaviest I've been☹️ Really hoping to get to 12 stone something for the wedding, bonus if anymore.

Well that's me shamed so im ready to begin!! Heres a couple of pics for motivation..we can do it ladies ?

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

This could be the kick up the backside that I need.

I am 5ft 7 and weigh 12st 8 ? I ideally want to get down to 10st, so still a long way to go.

On a more positive note this time 2 years ago I was knocking on the door of 15st so I have made *some* progress already!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to join in with this! I started Slimming World about 6 weeks ago and have lost 10lb. However during that time my marriage has broken up, so now it's all gone to pot (I started off not really eating at all, and now I'm back to eating crap again). After an extremely crap week I am allowing myself to wallow this weekend and then I'm back on the SW wagon. Ideally I'd like to lose another half a stone.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I'll get in on this too.

I was 12st 4lb post baby and I'm now 10st 9lb. At 5'5" I'd like to get to 9st 7lb

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Me too please. Joined gym in november to lose the remaining baby weight but put on half a stone over xmas!!! I have lost 8lb this year and was dead on 10st when I weighed myself on wednesday. I really wsnt to lose another 8lb before my first dress fitting in May. I go to the gym at least 2 or 3 times a week,not bad with 3kids, but wine and pizza are my downfall.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I lost weight last year and went from (my heaviest ever) 10st 4lbs to 9st 3lbs. Back up to 9st 11 ish. Probably more but I've not weighed myself in so long. Although I will make no promises to start this week - I'm off to the Cake and Bake show and I plan to eat many many cakes and brownies!!

Ideally I would be 8st 10-12 ish. Just until I'm more comfortable really. I vary in sizes, I'm usually 10/12 but I bought a size eight fat face top yesterday. It's a tiny bit tight over the chest but it looks nice.

Im going to eat a bit better (not completely bad just not horrendous), walk to work a bit more and maybe start up my aqua aerobics class.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Have arranged a 3 hour walk tomorrow morning with my Mum, going to get a wee weight loss ticker up as well to remind me to keep going!

**slight BT refs**

Had a family night out last night and ended up so p*ssed off, cousin came up to me and said "aww Amanda congratulations are you pregnant?"...2nd time I've went out with them and someones said i'm pregnant. Laughed it off but felt embarrassed and annoyed that they don't think about how their comments might affect someones confidence, know i'm getting married in a couple of months and know that I resemble the Grinch.

Oh well, getting on it tomorrow..sure i'll have a flat tummy in no time ?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I would like to join this please! My weight yoyos a lot by about a stone/stone and a half quite easily depending on how badly I eat. I used to struggle to keep weight on and now I don't anymore, I've struggled to adjust my diet accordingly. At the start of this year I weighed 12st, which is my heaviest and I kick started diet and exercise to get myself back to what I consider my ideal weight. I'm now 10st 8. In an ideal world I'd like to get back down to 10 stone or lose another 2 inches off my thighs/whatever comes first. I've really started to take my health and fitness more seriously, I'm running three times a week, doing a gym class once a week most weeks (though I've had a week and a half off due to illness. I've cut out a lot of the terrible foods and fizzy drinks usually eat but now I'm closer to my target weight I find I'm easily tempted back in to my old eating habits.

I just generally want to stay fitter and healthier, get down to about 10st and then maintain that. I definitely don't want to lose more than that but I know I need to tone too because I hold all my weight in my stomach/hips.

Evening meals I find the hardest because I have very little time and I am a bad cook so if any one has some quick and easy low calorie recipes that would be great.

Flora - gym wise I tend to go for the treadmill and rowing machine then the weight machines - low weights and high reps. I'm not a big fan of the cross trainer but I know a lot of other people prefer it to the treadmill.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I would like to join. I'm 13st 5 3/4lbs - very precise scales. Before I had a health flare up a few years ago I was 9st 10lbs and that is my target. I did lose about 20lbs 18months ago but the doc has put me on some new tablets and a side effect is weight gain 6lbs in 2weeks. I can't do high impact exercise but am going to try to walk the dog more. Could I do couch to 5k walking? Cheese choc and wine are my weaknesses - I wish I had more willpower.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Wahooo today I am 11 stone 2! 7lbs lost on weight watchers and 10lbs lost this year!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics