Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tayto
Beginner May 2013

Otter Weight Loss Support Thread

tayto, 28 of March of 2014 at 10:57

Posted on Off Topic Posts 169

Welcome to the Otter Weight Loss Support Thread! The aim for the thread is to have somewhere to come for advice, inspiration or just general support for all diet and fitness related stuff. No pressure for 'weighing in days' or for weight loss announcements - just hop on and enjoy! Name Start Weight...

Welcome to the Otter Weight Loss Support Thread! The aim for the thread is to have somewhere to come for advice, inspiration or just general support for all diet and fitness related stuff. No pressure for 'weighing in days' or for weight loss announcements - just hop on and enjoy!

Name

Start Weight

Goal Weight

Week 3

Loss to Date

Ali_G

11st 1lb

10st

AlmostMrsCWB

Curvy

Less Curvy

ATB

Curvy

Less Curvy

Aykay

10st

9st 6lbs

-

Bliss_balloons

12st 4lbs

11st

-

Cat in a Teacup

12st 8lbs

10st

Celticurl

13st 5¾lbs

9st 10lbs

-

Cilla

10st 9lbs

9st 7lbs

2lbs

Cinnamon Ears

14st

12st

Cinnamon009

12st 5lbs

10st 7lbs

10st 6lbs (-1)

1lb

DrBuffles

12st

11st

DreamCatchMe

10st 10lbs

10st

Flora

10st

Maintaining

Frootishus

11st 2lbs

9st 5lbs

Gracey

100.9kg

96.10kg

InkedDoll

14st 5lbs

10st 5lbs

3lbs

Kharv

11st 13½lbs

11st

4.5lbs

KittenCake

10st 9lbs

10st

1lb

Kochanski

11st 12lbs

11st 4lbs

Maldives2013

9st 7lbs

8st 10lbs

Mellow_Yellow

10st 8lbs

9st 8lbs

MM3

14st 9lbs

12st 13lbs

4lbs

MrsM*LZ

12st 6lbs

11st 7lbs

5 ½lbs

MrsPDMtobe

11st 3lbs

10st

4lbs

Muppet

11st 3lbs

10st

1lb

Nammy502

17st 2lbs

12st

2lbs

Panjita

10st 10lbs

10st 1lb

Peanut

10st 5lbs

11lbs

Perox

9st 4lbs

Maintaining

Pompey

Curvy

Less Curvy

Rod

11st 7lbs

10st 7lbs

5lbs

SallyLou

10st

Maintaining

SillyWrong

10st 11lbs

9st 7lbs

2½lb

Tayto

10st

9st

10st 1lb (+1)

+1lb

Tizzie

9st 11lbs

8st 12lbs

Wickywack

13st

10st 7lbs

WinterBride14

Curvy

Less Curvy

169 replies

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Morning all! I've now replaced the intro thread with the table & will keep that updated as we go along.

I've started it from 'now' so, for those of us who have lost weight already, I haven't included that but I can do if people would rather use this to track it all - just let me know.

Also, some info may be 'missing' - let me know if there is missing or incorrect info for you & I will change.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Muppet - congrats on the WL

AFM - I've a lb down as well - probably the residual from the detox so I expect to put on a lb or two but will try to keep it as low as possible.

Good luck to all.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'll weigh myself today, that will make a lot of you feel better since it's nearly double what most of you are. I'm around 18 stone I think.

Over the weekend I batch cooked some healthy meals, so they are in the freezer ready for this week.

MF's mum yesterday accused me of making him fat, which couldn't be further from the truth. I cook healthy meals - he's the one who has a sandwich and four kit kats when he comes home from work - then again at night after his dinner (regardless of the portion size I give him). His parents were both attacking him over his weight yesterday, nothing directed at me but I know that was the undertone. So feeling generally crap.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I can empathise with him as my mum likes to regularly harp on about my weight. The Christmas before last, when I was eating some of the chocolate I'd gotten as a present, she told me that I had to stop eating chocolate or else I'd become diabetic. THANKS MUM.

Anyway, I weigh in on Sundays and I lost another 1lb yesterday, so it's going in the right direction Smiley smile

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Okay, so I split my trousers today with my fat ar$e so I need to get back on it.

Can't exercise any more than my netball at the moment as my achillies is playing up something rotten. Limped my way around Ikea on Saturday ☹️

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

What is halva??

I went for a little jog on Friday afternoon straight after getting in from work, didn't manage far, about 1/2 mile but that was enough for me! Was really tiring and me and hubby went of a 6 mile walk which was lovely, but we did have a picnic with lots of naughty foods.. :/

I've downloaded the my fitness pal app which connects with map my run and am going to use these to track my calorie intake (1200 max) and hopefully this will help motivate me some more!

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

ATB - that's pants - I hate that attitude where it's someone else's fault for another adult's behaviour!

InkedDoll - well done on the weight loss

Flora - I'd love to see some of the recipes if you wouldn't mind sharing them? Regarding exercises, can your physio advise what you can do? A cross trainer would use a similar muscle set to the treadmill (ish - I think) so it might be worth trying it? It's not meant to cause issue to joints and is suggested for people with injuries.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Smiley smile swimming is meant to be the best thing for joints - I have moderate osteoarthritis in my hip and some knee problems too (it's a long story) - but I HATE it. Chlorine in your hair, re-doing makeup, gross changing rooms...urgh. Plus I have a lot of scars on my leg and I limp a little bit and I feel like people are staring at me whenever I go swimming. I don't know why, I'll walk around in shorts with my scars showing in the summer and not care.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'd not actually mind someone saying something to me regarding my weight (my mum does it all the time!) but to be accused of doing it to MF made me mad. I did respond that the meals I make are healthy - but on top of them he then eats a loaf of white bread and a packet of biscuits a day (he buys these) He's also lying to his football team to get out of playing. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be my fault.

At least the Mother's Day chat was about the fact we are fat, insead of asking why we are bothering to get married, silver lining and all that! Only one wedding related dig by his bother (Is Douglas your best man AGAIN? Hahaha).

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My H2B is quite fat too and doesn't eat particularly healthily, and now I'm dieting it is SO HARD not to make comments about how many calories are in what he's eating. But I try not to, cos one of the things I really value about him is that he never judges what I eat, and I don't want to become judgemental. I do want him to live to a ripe old age though, after all we're almost 40 and only just getting married!

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

Could I join too? I'm a bit like Flora and more maintaining as I don't have much I'd want to lose, I'm 5'6" and 10 stone. I was sitting around 10.4 but have slowly been dropping some. I'm happy enough at 10 stone, but trying to eat more healthily and do more exercise, if I lost a few extra pounds then great.

I used to have the opposite problem and struggled to put weight on, then I got older and had knee issues (3 operations to diagnose/fix) which laid me up for a while, and on came the pounds. I'm not a fan of the gym (who is?) so trying to do more walking, swimming and bike riding, which hopefully the improving weather will help with.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Atb - it's the other way for us I'm apparently "starving her little boy" and he needs fattened up. He is a skinny wee bugger (annoyingly!) but he eats about double what I do in a day. His lunch would be more than I could eat for three meals! But we got married too young apparently so there you go, can't do anything right!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Ha, my ex's mum was like that! She was always interfering. She didn't like me cos I was older than him and don't want kids. Once she brought some food round when I was out and when I found out I exploded and said "WE DON'T NEED FOOD PARCELS, WE'RE NOT F***ING ROMANIAN ORPHANS" Smiley smile

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Please can I play too!? Went dress shopping this week and the mirror told me a few home truths (I'm good at dressing to look slim, dresses that fit in the right places, oversized scarves, cardies .. you can't hide in a wedding dress!!)

I started WW last August when I was 12st3, lost some, fell off the wagon and got back on it again in Feb, I'm now 10st11 and would love to be 9st7 ...

... currently munching through a massive plate of salad for my lunch, motivated!!!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Can I join in too? I'm starting today after just having a weeks holiday and finding that the dress I need to wear to a wedding on Friday is now too small. I'm 5, 11" and weight 12 stone 4 pounds, my lightest was 11 stone so I'd like to get back down to that initally. I've started back on myfitnesspal and will try and force myself to the gym! I've got my OH as inspiration, he lost over 4 stone last year and is now a gym fanatic.

• Perox
    Beginner October 2013
    Perox ·
    • Hide content

Can I join to? I'm more of the maintaing rather than losing, I lost 2 stone in the lead up to my wedding, and am now 9'4'' at 5'6''. Trying to really get fit and toned at the moment, I've lost a lot of weight already but still feeling very jiggly in a lot of areas (I tend to hold weight on my thighs and stomach!) so I may lose a couple of pounds in the process, but really hoping for muscle strength and fitness! I'm pretty lucky in that my OH is really into fitness - body building type stuff, so he's my go to trainer and also when he's wanting to get back to his best (has been a while since he's been to the gym thanks to work, bless him!) it means we're both healthy eating!!

One way I've motivated myself is I took a photo of myself in my bikini at my biggest and I use that to push myself to go to the gym! That and on my pintrest I have a fitness board which has all motivational pictures of how I'd like to look and what I can do to get there!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HI, sorry I'm a bit late to this but please can I join in?

I'm on a countdown to dress day early may, then after that hen party in France that will require a bikini and body to match.

I'm very similar to you Bliss.

6" and 12st. Would love to be 11 or just under. I always manage to get to 11st 7lbs then feel pleased with myself and celebrate by falling off the wagon.

I use MFP and have been aiming to Zumba 3 times a week although don't always manage that.

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

ver the course of 6 years I have lost 4 stone (it was 5 stone total loss this time last year, but I've put a stone back on since last August!)

now, I dont want to look completely different for my wedding (i'm a size 14, borderline 16 now), I have no desire (nor will I ever maintain) to be a size 10. My fiance got with me when I was a size 18/20! So I don't WANT to be completely different, but I want to get to a 12/14 and FEEL grogeous.

After my 1 stone weight gain (I was down to 10 stone 2lb, my goal was 9 stone 5lb) after being so close to goal (WW) I find i'm struggling. I have 16 months (yes, 16!) so its not like time is not on my side, but my mojo has completely gone!!

I'm off on a holiday to Majorca with OH's parents and siblings in less than 10 weeks..... GIRLS, PLEASE GIVE ME SOME MOTIVATION!!!!

essentially:-

current weight is 11 stone 2lb, I want to be 9 stone 5lb by wedding (ages yet) but I aim to be 10 stone for my holidays/birthday first weekend in June, and 9 stone 5lb by end of the year to then maintain for my wedding day Smiley smile

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Flora they are excellent thank you (sorry I couldn't get on here earlier), I will try some out this week, I'm really useless when it comes to cooking. Gym wise swimming is a good call if you can do it, but from what you've said cross trainer and bike might sound good. In terms of weights vs cardio, it depends what you're looking to do - if you want to increase overall fitness then focus on cardio - if there's certain parts of your body you want to tone, then weights help tone more - I try to do a mixture of both. Given you can't do upper body weights, I've probably stick to bike/cross trainer and/or rowing machine (if you want to tone your arms). The cross trainer is a good all rounder as it's good for cardio fitness but tones arms and legs too. It's basically meant to be like running but less pressure on the joints and you can choose the resistance.

I weighed myself at the gym tonight and I'm actually back up to 10st10 so probably a good time to start this!

ATB - that's horrible!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

2.5 pounds off at weigh in today. Generally quite pleased with that. Hope for another 2 next week but not sure that'll happen.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well done Kharv!! Brilliant Smiley smile

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Well done Kharv!! ?

• Gracey
    Beginner February 2012
    Gracey ·
    • Hide content

Well done Kharv that is brill!!!

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Well done Kharv - excellent work!

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Well done Kharv!

I'm sat here enjoying some homemade spinach and pea soup (only 3PP on weight watchers) I'd love to see a loss of 2lbs this week.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Well done Kharv! I'm sat here trying to ignore the bread shouting at me from the kitchen!

Off to Zumba later.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Week 1 10st 9lb

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I haven't lost anything!!! Gutted.

I feel smaller though.

Determined. I've seen a lovely dress I want for a wedding in June and I want to get it in a size 10 just to push it.

So, today I've eaten - wholegrain toast, 2 skinny lattes, 3 crispbreads with light philly and smoked salmon. Tonight is chicken, sweet potato and homemade slaw.

Lets do this!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Have you taken your measurements Rod? I find the scales don't change much but my shape does.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ahh thanks everyone! All your well dones has actually really helped me keep my head in the game Smiley smile

Rod - keep at it. It'll show next week for sure.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Well done Karv!!

I know I'm a bit late to this but please can I join in as well. I got down to 9 stone just before our wedding but have gained half a stone since then. I do a lot of exercise, like a toone of exercise but i eat far too many treats haha!

I want to get down to about 8st 10 ideally before our holiday in June - bikini motivation!

I think this thread would be a big help, having to say what i've lost/ gained each week!

• Perox
    Beginner October 2013
    Perox ·
    • Hide content

Weighed myself last night and was still 9'4'', which goes to show that weight isn't everything, as I could tell by how tight/how big my muffin top was in my trackie bottoms that I was flabbier! Managed a bit of a rubbish session at the gym last night, but I always say having a rubbish session is better than being sat at home and doing nothing!! Today I've had to eat a protein shake for brekkie, special k for lunch, some fruit and dinner will be prawn risotto!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics