Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tayto
Beginner May 2013

Otter Weight Loss Support Thread

tayto, 28 of March of 2014 at 10:57

Posted on Off Topic Posts 169

Welcome to the Otter Weight Loss Support Thread! The aim for the thread is to have somewhere to come for advice, inspiration or just general support for all diet and fitness related stuff. No pressure for 'weighing in days' or for weight loss announcements - just hop on and enjoy! Name Start Weight...

Welcome to the Otter Weight Loss Support Thread! The aim for the thread is to have somewhere to come for advice, inspiration or just general support for all diet and fitness related stuff. No pressure for 'weighing in days' or for weight loss announcements - just hop on and enjoy!

Name

Start Weight

Goal Weight

Week 3

Loss to Date

Ali_G

11st 1lb

10st

AlmostMrsCWB

Curvy

Less Curvy

ATB

Curvy

Less Curvy

Aykay

10st

9st 6lbs

-

Bliss_balloons

12st 4lbs

11st

-

Cat in a Teacup

12st 8lbs

10st

Celticurl

13st 5¾lbs

9st 10lbs

-

Cilla

10st 9lbs

9st 7lbs

2lbs

Cinnamon Ears

14st

12st

Cinnamon009

12st 5lbs

10st 7lbs

10st 6lbs (-1)

1lb

DrBuffles

12st

11st

DreamCatchMe

10st 10lbs

10st

Flora

10st

Maintaining

Frootishus

11st 2lbs

9st 5lbs

Gracey

100.9kg

96.10kg

InkedDoll

14st 5lbs

10st 5lbs

3lbs

Kharv

11st 13½lbs

11st

4.5lbs

KittenCake

10st 9lbs

10st

1lb

Kochanski

11st 12lbs

11st 4lbs

Maldives2013

9st 7lbs

8st 10lbs

Mellow_Yellow

10st 8lbs

9st 8lbs

MM3

14st 9lbs

12st 13lbs

4lbs

MrsM*LZ

12st 6lbs

11st 7lbs

5 ½lbs

MrsPDMtobe

11st 3lbs

10st

4lbs

Muppet

11st 3lbs

10st

1lb

Nammy502

17st 2lbs

12st

2lbs

Panjita

10st 10lbs

10st 1lb

Peanut

10st 5lbs

11lbs

Perox

9st 4lbs

Maintaining

Pompey

Curvy

Less Curvy

Rod

11st 7lbs

10st 7lbs

5lbs

SallyLou

10st

Maintaining

SillyWrong

10st 11lbs

9st 7lbs

2½lb

Tayto

10st

9st

10st 1lb (+1)

+1lb

Tizzie

9st 11lbs

8st 12lbs

Wickywack

13st

10st 7lbs

WinterBride14

Curvy

Less Curvy

169 replies

• M
    Beginner October 2013
    MrsM*LZ ·
    • Hide content

My update before I forget (forgot last week...not a good start, ha!) Current weight 12st 0.5lb. Had lost 2lb each week but put on half a pound this week. Not bad after a weekend away eating and drinking till the cows come home!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Well done to all those that have lost weight. I weighed myself Tues night and I've gained another pound. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as I've been really good for the last week and a half but still gaining weight. I know I've changed shape loads and I don't feel bigger so I guess I'll just carry on.

• Gracey
    Beginner February 2012
    Gracey ·
    • Hide content

After my depressing post last week I have tried really hard this week... And have lost, yay!!! I was at 97kg and now I am at 96.10kg ? sorry I don't know how to work it out in stones etc!! Well done to everyone who has lost this week ? and to those that haven't, it will come, keep going ? xxx

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

Well done to everyone who has lost weight, some amazing progress has been made! I am not doing quite so well. I lost two pounds last week, but put one back on last weekend, so I am 10st 8 now. I guess 1 pound is better than nothing. I do wish I hadn't pigged out so much at the weekend though.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yay! I've moved my weigh in to Friday, and I have lost another 2lb this week, that's 5lb in total. I feel good for it, I notice my belly is flatter and I feel a bit smaller.

I have only been to the gym once this week but been really good with my eating (apart from the day I had a hangover!) - I love seeing results!

Rod - 11st 2lb

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Well done everyone who's lost! Still not budged here today, hopefully get an ok weight loss for next week...sticking to my eating healthy and been doing lots of exercising and walking so hoping it's just taking a bit longer to shift.

Have a great weekend & well done again Smiley smile

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Haven't checked in in ages but I've lost another pound - starting weight in Feb was 10st 5, I'm now 9st 8.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to take a bit of a stab in the dark and add my starting weight as 10st 8lbs as I couldn't make it to class on Thursday as I was working, my target weight is 9st 8lbs.

Well done everyone on your losses so far.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I have a question, low fat just means less fat than the standard version of the product rather than a 'pretend' fat (in the way that artificial sweeteners are a pretend sugar). So how can your body not know what to do with it? How can your system be intelligent enough to know how much fat to expect per feeding? I don't get it. ( ETA I don't mean fat substitutes like olestra, which I'm not sure is licensed for use in the UK anyway.)

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I would love to join this, but I am incredibly ashamed of my weight. I am twice what most of you are on the list!! I am going to an aquacise class tonight and trying to walk everyday. For now, I think I might just lurk, be supportive and hope I can manage to lose a bit.

x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Please don't be ashamed! You absolutely don't have to reveal your weight if you don't want to.

Jump right in and start posting - we'll support you Smiley smile

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! It doesn't matter what your starting point is, we are all here to get healthier and lose weight, some of us have further to go than others but we are all here to support each other Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Half a pound on....back to 10stone. Only went to gym once and had a few glasses of wine so kinda expected it.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, I don't think there is any science behind this. Some people don't eat low fat or low sugar foods because they don't think they taste as nice, or they don't want the artificial chemicals in their bodies, but I'm fairly certain that there is no truth in the idea that "the body doesn't know what to do with them."

I'm not saying this to you specifically, but to everyone trying to lose weight - unless you are seeing a HCPC registered dietician I would take any dietary advice you get with a pinch of salt. Personal trainers and "nutritionists" have no regulation, they can spout whatever pseudo-science nonsense they want.

Now don't get me started on people who peddle "detox cleansing diets"...

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!! Don't be ashamed of your weight, but you don't need to post if you'd rather not say.

Do join in with the rest of the thread though, we're all in it together!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I hope it didn't sound like I was having a go at you! I just wanted to make the point for everyone's benefit because there really is a lot of nonsense out there.

The NHS healthy eating website has a lot of very good, evidence based advice - /live-well/

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I would just not even read the comments section to be honest. It's just people spouting their opinions or misinformed "facts" which have no real validity.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I love agave - as a vegan I use it in place of honey a lot (except it's too runny to spread on toast!)

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Weight report: lost 2lbs yesterday. Very pleased after last week's stall!

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

I wish I had more self control! Every weekend, without fail, I put on 1 or 2 pounds. I am such a glutton! Does anyone else have this problem with weekends?

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

Yes KC - weekends are a problem for me too.

I had lost 2lbs by Friday but put on a 1lb over the weekend so only a net 1lb loss. Weekends are so busy I end up eating on the go.

Thinking of trying the Juice Plus - which is mentioned on the weight loss forum. Replacements shakes for two meals a day. Have any otters tried it?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I agree it's harder to stick to a diet at the weekends. My routine tends to fly out the window!

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Ok.

Little moan. Last night, I went to my first aquacise class. The pool at the leisure centre is being refurbished, so they have a temporary pool set up outside. To get to it, you have to walk through reception and then through this little tunnel. To get from the changing rooms to the reception, you have to walk through the cafe.

So, I go off to find the changing rooms and as I walk through the cafe, there is a group of year 10s and 11s from the school I work at lounging around. Obviously, outside of school, they feel they can say more than they would in school. I got so much abuse. I was called werewolf woman, not sure why, and called fat and lots of other fat related comments. I walked back to reception and made a complaint and I was told I could use the temporary changing rooms, meaning I'd still have to walk through reception in my robe, but not through the cafe. I get changed, come out to reception, and lo and behold, the kids are hanging around by the entrance, so I can't get to the pool. At this point, I really want to go home. Management notice my distress and get the kids to move on, but my evening was tainted.

Eventually, I did make it to the class. I probably would have enjoyed it if it weren't for the experience before hand.

I just wanted to moan that some people are so mean. I don't need them to tell me I'm fat and to rub it in. I know I'm fat, that was why I was at the blooming leisure centre in the first place. Why can't people just be nice? Why do they have to be abusive? If just one of them had said, it's good to see you here, I wouldn't have felt so pathetic and such a waste of space.

It makes me not want to try. What was worse, was the whole incident was relayed via the radio handsets and so the class waiting had heard what had happened. It has to be said though, the ladies were lovely to me and made me promise that I would go back next week.

x

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

That is utterly disgusting. kids can be so nasty I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Please don't let it put you off. xxxx

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I stopped weighing in on Mondays because of the weekend! so I now weigh on a Friday. Also, I've done my best to be good this weekend. Saturday I had a treat day, but Sunday I tried to make sure I went easy on any carbs, completely avoided bread, which was REALLY hard cos we were at MILs and she is a feeder! And I feel so much better for it today!

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't usually weigh myself on a Monday either....will go back to my Thursday weigh-ins with my tail between my legs. I only decided to weigh myself this morning because I thought I had had a good weekend and might not have put on any weight, silly me!

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

AlmostMrsCWB I actually think you were really brave in that situation. If it were me I would have probably would have dissolved into a puddle of tears and gone home without even attending the class. Good on you for sticking it out!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

CWB, that is absolutely disgusting behaviour. Their parents should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree that you were really brave and I think the fact that you went to the class anyway is brilliant.

What horrible cretins. Don't let them stop you - don't give them that.

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

To AlmostMrsCWB - please don't let the children get to you. You must have felt humiliated but you were very brave to persevere as many would just have gone home. People are mean in an attempt to make themselves feel better - if they are mean to other people they are often mean to themselves and so have low self esteem. Kids copy what they see others doing. Feel sorry for them - if they are this mean to you then others or themselves are being twice as mean to them.

Keep focussed on your own objectives and remember why you are doing this.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt.

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much for your support!! I did have a few tears in the changing rooms, but I got through it. It was a dreadful evening.

I really appreciate your kind words.

x

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

CWB - I'm so sorry you had to experience that, how utterly dreadful. I do hope you feel like you can go back next week and continue, you're doing this for you and you alone, as hard as it is sod whatever anyone else says. x

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Afternoon all! Sorry I've been a bit behind with updating this - I've updated the table on the front of the thread and put in a little intro as well; and have reset it to week three, starting today.

I haven't done so well and gained a pound over the weekend. I think I might do what Rod's doing and weigh in on a Friday instead and stop using weekends to treat myself.

AlmostMrsCWB - Don't be ashamed - as others have said, we're all here with the same goal so will do what we can to help each other along. I've added you to the list anyway if that's ok as it would be lovely if you stayed. Also, please ignore those horrible kids; I know it's easier said than done & well done for sticking with the class.

Well done to everyone on the great weight loss achieved already.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics