Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tayto
Beginner May 2013

Otter Weight Loss Support Thread

tayto, 28 of March of 2014 at 10:57

Posted on Off Topic Posts 169

Welcome to the Otter Weight Loss Support Thread! The aim for the thread is to have somewhere to come for advice, inspiration or just general support for all diet and fitness related stuff. No pressure for 'weighing in days' or for weight loss announcements - just hop on and enjoy! Name Start Weight...

Welcome to the Otter Weight Loss Support Thread! The aim for the thread is to have somewhere to come for advice, inspiration or just general support for all diet and fitness related stuff. No pressure for 'weighing in days' or for weight loss announcements - just hop on and enjoy!

Name

Start Weight

Goal Weight

Week 3

Loss to Date

Ali_G

11st 1lb

10st

AlmostMrsCWB

Curvy

Less Curvy

ATB

Curvy

Less Curvy

Aykay

10st

9st 6lbs

-

Bliss_balloons

12st 4lbs

11st

-

Cat in a Teacup

12st 8lbs

10st

Celticurl

13st 5¾lbs

9st 10lbs

-

Cilla

10st 9lbs

9st 7lbs

2lbs

Cinnamon Ears

14st

12st

Cinnamon009

12st 5lbs

10st 7lbs

10st 6lbs (-1)

1lb

DrBuffles

12st

11st

DreamCatchMe

10st 10lbs

10st

Flora

10st

Maintaining

Frootishus

11st 2lbs

9st 5lbs

Gracey

100.9kg

96.10kg

InkedDoll

14st 5lbs

10st 5lbs

3lbs

Kharv

11st 13½lbs

11st

4.5lbs

KittenCake

10st 9lbs

10st

1lb

Kochanski

11st 12lbs

11st 4lbs

Maldives2013

9st 7lbs

8st 10lbs

Mellow_Yellow

10st 8lbs

9st 8lbs

MM3

14st 9lbs

12st 13lbs

4lbs

MrsM*LZ

12st 6lbs

11st 7lbs

5 ½lbs

MrsPDMtobe

11st 3lbs

10st

4lbs

Muppet

11st 3lbs

10st

1lb

Nammy502

17st 2lbs

12st

2lbs

Panjita

10st 10lbs

10st 1lb

Peanut

10st 5lbs

11lbs

Perox

9st 4lbs

Maintaining

Pompey

Curvy

Less Curvy

Rod

11st 7lbs

10st 7lbs

5lbs

SallyLou

10st

Maintaining

SillyWrong

10st 11lbs

9st 7lbs

2½lb

Tayto

10st

9st

10st 1lb (+1)

+1lb

Tizzie

9st 11lbs

8st 12lbs

Wickywack

13st

10st 7lbs

WinterBride14

Curvy

Less Curvy

169 replies

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, its really good to know that I am not the only one who has post-weekend weight gain blues.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i think you were really brave. I would have just cried and gone home.

Afm - I ate so much crap while away last weekend (totally worth it!) and I've been ill all this week so just been eating what I can stomach. I think my original estimate of 9 st. 11 is a bit lower though, I think I'm probably 10 but I'll weigh myself maybe Thursday or Friday.

I have a big exam coming up so I don't have high hopes for healthy eating and exercise!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

2lbs off at SW weigh in tonight. That's 6.5 pounds in the three weeks. SO annoyed about the last half pound to my half stone!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

CWB - you should be incredibly proud of yourself for still going to the class. Just think, with that inner strength and determination you can achieve anything.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

CWB - Agree with everyone else you did really well still going to class. I'd have probably cried and ran home then been angry for letting them get to me afterwards.

Don't let it put you off, keep going...they're just thoughtless little goons, kids can be really cruel and are just showing off in front of their mates so take no notice!

I'm just back from a 2 hour walk with loads of steep hills so feeling pretty good. Hoping for an ok loss Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Just weighed myself and I'm down to 13st 10. I've eased up on the chocolate and been taking the stairs in work (work on the 4th floor).

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Still 10st 7. Stayed the same

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear. Its Ladies Week!! Which means I am not going to want to go gym and just eat chocolate. Not expecting a loss this week at all!!

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

CWB, that’s awful, kids can be so cruel, you did so well going to the class despite that though!

I’ve gained a pound this week L Not really surprising though with all the chocolate we have lying around at work and all the various meals out for birthdays etc. I have had over the last couple of weeks, it was going to catch up with me at some point, and this weekend isn’t looking too good either with all the bank holiday plans!

The posts re sugar etc. and low fat foods are quite interesting, I have a personal trainer and do a fair bit of lurking around on a body building forum and for health reasons it’s much better to cook from scratch and use real fats as opposed to substitutes, even butter rather than margarine, and eating good fats like nut butters and olive oil etc. rather than the bad fats.

As for high intensity exercise making you more hungry, it definitely does and unless you are wanting to lose weight you can up your calorie intake and you should in order to maintain energy levels. If you’re doing a lot of exercise as well weight isn’t always the best thing to measure your success on as you will gain muscle (albeit slowly), taking photos and measurements is probably better. I weigh more or less the same as I did a year ago but have a much lower bodyfat % than I did then and my body shape has totally changed. (Recently though I’ve just gorged on too much bad food and gained a bit of fat back!) You need a certain base level of calories each day to function, you need to up these levels when you are exercising (there are various calculators to estimate what your BMR etc. is online). I do around 10-12 hours of exercise a week, a mixture of HIT classes, spinning, bodybuilding and running/ tri training and I can consume around 3000 calories easily a day without gaining weight as long as it is the right sorts of food, rather than all the chocolate I love to eat so much! If it helps before exercise I usually eat an apple and almond butter/ peanut butter or a banana and a protein shake or a turkey sandwich on wholemeal bread or something else along those lines, after exercise try and get some protein in asap it will help rebuild your muscles and keep you from binging when you get home because you’re starving from the exercise!

Sorry for the looong post!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Well my work trousers are still split, and now the spares are feeling a little tight... Oops.

I intend to cycle home from work today, but the long way. All along the beach which is about 4miles I think.

• M
    Beginner October 2013
    MrsM*LZ ·
    • Hide content

Just been to class and have lost 1.5 lbs taking me to half stone weight loss (now 11st 13lb) also have managed to lose 4" (1" on each thigh, 1" on waist and 1" on bust - this is not good ad they are tiny to sstartwith, ha!) Also gone up 2 holes on my belt. Now to try and be good over Easter...hmmm!

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Dammit. A pound on. Been in massive denial all week but pizza,wine and curry and no gym was def gonna show on the scale. Am so annoyed with myself. I need willpower.

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Well, ladies, I will be going back to aquacise after all. I got weighed yesterday (was getting my LAST contraceptive prescription, but that's another story, and it's the sole reason I am trying to lose weight) and I have lost 4lb!!! I'd already lost 7lb, so that's 11 over all!!! I was so excited! I want to lose about 2 stone in total, so I am well on my way. Realistically, I need to lose about 9 stone in total to get to a healthy BMI, but I am doing it in chunks. Also, I used to be thin, only a size 6 and for my 5'11 frame, I looked ill, so I don't want to get too thin. I think I am better off a bit chubby.

Thank you all so much for your support and keep at it everyone!!

x

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Had to bump this up from page 2! Lost another 1lb this week Smiley smile Did some yoga yesterday as well which was the first exercise I've done in aaages. Everything aches this morning.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

I will weigh myself tonight. I've been very naughty over Easter, too much chocolate and cider!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics