Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Suzanne
Beginner July 2022 Northamptonshire

Outdoor ceremony logistics - getting to start of aisle!

Suzanne, 20 of July of 2021 at 21:34 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hello!

We're hoping to have a tipi wedding with a ceremony in the same field but I'm struggling to envisage how I'd get to the start of the aisle, ready to walk down it, without everyone seeing me get there?!
Would guests and groom just be told to stand and look forward and wait for me to make my way over?!
Sorry if this is such a ridiculous question! To give context, I will need to walk across part of the field to get to the start of the aisle.

3 replies

Latest activity by Richard, 21 of July of 2021 at 18:16
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it matters if people see you before you get to the top of the aisle. In a large indoor venue, the people at the back will see the bride long before the ones at the front, so it's not as if everyone sees the bride at the same time in indoor weddings. I'd maybe try to get any 'before ceremony' photos out of sight of the ceremony location, so you're not standing around posing while everyone is watching, but otherwise, it's not a problem if they see you walking toward the aisle.

I'm not sure telling everyone to face forward would work anyway - there will always be a few who won't be able to resist turning round!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Telling everyone to face forward will not work. Yes almost everyone will be looking back at you just like they do when you reach the isle. Embrace it and treat it as an extra long isle and the groom should definitely be looking back at you, its a view he will never forget rather than the first time he sees you - standing right next to him where he can not properly see you. here's one and i think everyone has turned around. And the last shot shows how far the walk was.

Outdoor ceremony logistics - getting to start of aisle! 1

Outdoor ceremony logistics - getting to start of aisle! 2

Outdoor ceremony logistics - getting to start of aisle! 3

• Richard
    Dedicated May 2022 Berkshire
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    It builds up the excitement seeing the bride walking towards the aisle and you can see the groom checking things out as well... Obviously personal choice

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics