Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2018

Outdoor food ideas - help!

AltBride13, 21 of April of 2018 at 08:32 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi! We are getting married in a fairly inaccessible place! The wedding is all outdoors and camping. We don't have access for any kind of portable food van etc. We were going to do a BBQ but then realised guests will either have to cook their own food or we spend a good chunk of our day cooking! Does anyone have any ideas? We were thinking maybe big pot curry/chilli that can be warmed on gas stoves. It's also meat free (yes, we are sure, it's fine, everyone supports us!). TIA for any advice! Xx

2 replies

Latest activity by Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand, 25 of May of 2018 at 10:42
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

What about a cold buffet type thing?

If you're anywhere near Lincoln, let me know, my friend runs a vegan catering business up there, and may be able to supply you with vegan pies and other yummy things.

Maybe you could make up cute little packed lunches to hand out to guests? I'm thinking brown paper bags with your names and wedding date on! You can buy customized ink stamps on Amazon we're using them for our invites!

The curry/chilli/BBQ idea sounds great, but maybe hire caterers to do it so you don't have to spend your time heating it? Maybe talk to some caterers about the venue and see what they can do?

Also, have you spoken to the venue? Is it normally used for weddings? If so, what do they do usually do?

Hope this helps! X

Beginner April 2021
    2021bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

We're doing a hog roast with carver - obviously this isn't meat free but I'm sure there will be some sort of vegetarian alternative. I've been to weddings with this type of thing before and it's worked really well - everyone just lines up and the carver gives them their food, and then they go to the next table and can help themselves to sides such as coleslaw and potato salad, pasta salad etc.

Hope this helps!

• Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand
    Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand ·
    • Hide content

Great Big Pot or emormous Wok over a wood fire would be fantastic. I've been to a wedding in woodland with a couple of Tipis where a local spanish restaurant's caterers provided a paella cooked in front of everyone this way and it was a major feature of the wedding reception. My mouth is watering at the memory!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics