Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2016

Outdoor Tipi Wedding!

Saraaa86, 30 of June of 2015 at 22:28 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi

have been engaged a few weeks and wedding planning is under way for next September.

we saw a Tipi at a wedding fare and have decided that's what we want for the reception, it's proving difficult to find somewhere other than a church to have the ceremony at though, and I've never seen myself getting married in a church.

Now have had the idea to get legally married at a registry office the day before and then a blessing in or outside the Tipi.

Does anyone have any advice on this or knows if it's do able?

thank you

Sara

7 replies

Latest activity by Simply Ceremonies Uk, 3 of July of 2015 at 23:59
  • C
    Beginner September 2015
    Chocolatelulu25 ·
    • Hide content

Quite a few brides on here have/will be having a registry office ceremony the day before and then a blessing on what they consider their 'real' day. Can't say anyone is having a tipi but it's completely possible ? if you want to do it like this then you will need to look into having a humanist ceremony or google wedding ceremony blessings in your area and I'm sure you will find loads of info.

HTH

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    Milly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

It's definitely doable! Once you get the legal bit done at the registry office you can pretty much organise whatever kind of blessing/ceremony you want for your wedding day. Humanist ceremonies can be pretty good!

Have you looked at your local council website by the way for possible ceremony venues? They should have a complete list which might help with options.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just on this point, if you're doing the legal bit in the registry office the day before, anyone can do your blessing at the tipi. There won't be any paperwork or anything for them to do so you could even get a family member or friend to do it.

The laws are different between Scotland and England for this. If you do want to have your official ceremony in the teepee then it'll have to be a licensed premises.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We were doing exactly the same Smiley laugh Except we were having our legal ceremony at the registry office a few days before so we had the whole of the day before to set up.

As has been said, if you are already legally married and you decide to have a blessing ceremony on the day of the tipi wedding, anyone can conduct that and there are no rules and restrictions. We were going to have my OHs dad conduct it Smiley smile

We planned our tipi wedding for just over 2 years so if you have any tipi related planning questions i'm happy to help if I can!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds great, when you saw the tipi was it just one on its own, because when you have 3 or 4 all joined together you can create quite a big space, i shot this tipi wedding in leicester a couple of weeks ago and they had 4 including a chill out one with a fire pit

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If you google "independent celebrant" then you should find someone who can help. The legal bit will be done at the register office but they actually have special cheaper time slots for weddings like yours. It's only about £50-£75 to do the paperwork. You would usually just wear your jeans and go together - no guests. You can take 2 witnesses or the register office staff will act as witnesses for you.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Might help. it's not about the tipi particularly but it talks about yurt, marquee, tented weddings Smiley smile https://www.kimberleyandkev.com/unique-wedding-ideas-use-yurt-tent-marquee/

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

This is an absolutely perfect way for you to have your choice of ceremony. I am an Independent celebrant and would be happy to help with any questions you may have

Karina

www.celebrant-uk.co.uk

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics