Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2016

Outdoor Venues in Scotland

Caitrupps, 1 of March of 2015 at 20:36 Posted on Planning 0

Hiya!

Just joined this site and wanted to ask all you seasoned planners about any venues in Scotland, preferably North East Scotland, that are just outdoor space that you can hire and decorate how you'd like. The closest thing I've found is Comrie Croft but it's still nearly £4000 (includes accommodation) to just book the space not to mention the cost of a marquee. We are really wanting a tipi style festival wedding but the tipis themselves are expensive. My fiancé and I can't afford to put £4000 down on a venue and then a pay for a tipi between £3000-£4800 and EVERYTHING else that you typically need to have for a wedding. I can't seem to find much on just outdoor space hire, perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place? Any venue suggestions to help us be able to afford a tipi festival wedding would be SO helpful and appreciated! Looking forward to any replies!

Also, we are planning on having the wedding in May/June 2016.

Cheers!!

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Have you checked out some of the village halls and places with outdoor space instead? There's Coo Cathedral in Aboyne which I have heard is reasonably priced!

Also if going for a tipi style wedding have you checked with any farmers round and about? As long as you have a licenced registrar in Scotland you can get married anywhere you just need a field!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics