Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2018

Outdoor wedding - is very end of May too cold?

SunnyYellowConfetti672, 17 of May of 2017 at 09:17 Posted on Planning 0 5

So we have a provisional date booked in for an outdoor wedding at the end of May next year. It's taken us over a year to get to this point as I've been changing my mind so many times - probably just overthinking. So now I am thinking again and wondering if you think end of May is too early in the year for an outdoor wedding? The venue does have a shelter and a marquee so it's not completely left to the elements but im hoping people will camp and looking at the weather at the moment I'm just concerned it's going to be too cold. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks so much in advance ☺️

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsGraves2B, 24 of May of 2017 at 15:22
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We had an outdoor Wedding a couple of weeks ago Smiley smile

It depends where you are in the country, but I'd say you should be reasonably safe end of May. It can be cold and horrible in August Smiley smile

Are there hotels nearby for guests who maybe don't want to camp though?

X

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It can be lovely at the end of May. I photographed an outdoor wedding mid April one year and it was hot!

Another year a summer wedding had to be moved indoors at the last minute due to rain.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Good old British weather! I've had weddings in October and February that have been sunnier and warmer than a recent wedding we attended!! U never can tell.

i say go for it!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

This week looks like it's going to be glorious, so you never can tell!

• J
    Beginner September 2018
    JoAndRob2018 ·
    • Hide content

My best friend's birthday is at the end of May and she traditionally celebrates by inviting everyone to her folks' countryside property for a BBQ - there haven't been too many years where it's rained or been freezing. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but end of May generally seems to be lovely!

• M
    Beginner November 2018
    MrsGraves2B ·
    • Hide content

I think May is quite a secure month weather wise! If this weeks weather is anything to go off it should be wonderful! If you were worried you could always look up the forecast's for the last few years to see if there are any particularly "rain-free" days Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics