Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RomanticBrownStationery29719
Dedicated

Outdoor wedding mid April scotland

RomanticBrownStationery29719, 2 of March of 2021 at 19:42 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hi everyone.

Due to covid we have to sadly move out June wedding. Our venue offered us Easter sunday next year (17th April) as alternative. We are keen to have an outdoor ceremony. The party after will be in a (heated) marquee. Do you think April in Perthshire/scotland is too cold for this? There is an indoor option but we really don't like it and specifically booked the venue for its amazing gardens. They offered us 3rd of September(friday) this year too but my family is in Germany so with travel restrictions we are not sure this would be doable, also schools will be back so might stop some guests from attending a weekday wedding.... all other dates available would cause us to loose many suppliers and by that deposits. Any thoughts on outdoor celebrations in April? Anyone been to an April wedding? Also worried I will be freezing in my dress.... Thanks

8 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 16:07
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    I think you will be too high off adrenaline and excitement to be cold lool
    If you do get cold you can buy a fur shrug or something to put over you.
    I dont know how cold it will be in Scotland but you will only marry your hubby to be once so go for it Imagine both of u cuddled up with a blanket in the evening on the groinds while guests party or also cuddle up, so romantic. X
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you. That made me feel a bit more positive it is hard to give up our summer wedding dream and on top of that still have to wait another year. But I just can't see September happen. Maybe April will be just as nice after all❤
  • S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content
    The weather in Scotland is unpredictable but it normally gets nicer in April and milder too. Sometimes there's even hot days! I don't think you'll be cold during the ceremony and it'll be fine if the marquee for later on is heated.
    Dedicated
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Just going for it now as we dont want to postpone much later and this year is not looking good. So fingers crossed ?
  • L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    My sister got married in Ayrshire 21 April two years ago and it was roasting. Wedding was outside, people were getting a bit of a tan/burnt and we were able to sit outside til the reception ended. Glass bifold doors were open during dinner and it was also too hot and sweaty on the dancefloor indoors so people were going out to cool down. We spent a few days at the venue and the beach and I remember loving that I was able to wear shorts and a vest three days in a row to show off my spray tan. She checked the weather history and it hasn't rained on that day for years. It's obviously just luck but hopefully helps. We're getting married end of March next year - venue says they often hold ceremonies outside from March til October. We don't expect to be outdoors the full day but would love our ceremony to be outside and perhaps drinks reception (might need the patio heaters though).
    Dedicated
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thabk you for this. Hope you get an amazing day when it comes ❤️
  • Paige
    Curious August 2023 Berkshire
    Paige ·
    • Hide content

My aunt got married in April and it was still such a lovely day. You could try providing blankets of umbrellas if it rains if your budget allows?

Dedicated
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we would have backup umbrellas anyway. Thanks having my fingers crossed

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics