Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miranda
Savvy September 2023 East Sussex

Outdoor wedding weather

Miranda, 4 of September of 2023 at 23:03 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hi everyone

Just seeing if anyone knows or had similar, I know I shouldn’t be checking weather apps but we are due to have an outdoor ceremony this Friday eeeek! Weather is set to be 28/29 degrees, I’ve heard registrars can be a bit strict regarding weather and if too hot won’t allow does anyone now how hot is too hot and share any experiences that they’ve had with this please? Xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Miranda, 5 of September of 2023 at 10:47
  • Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    I meant won’t allow for the outdoor wedding not the wedding altogether haha there is a back up of an indoor room bht the outdoors are what sold it to us to just seeing if anyone knows about this please x
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I have never come across the threat of nice weather forcing an outside wedding to move inside Smiley shame

Yes its true that registrars are the ones who will have the say on if an outside one goes ahead or not. If we would of had weeks of constantly very high temps then there may be a small risk - indeed you may not even want it outside your self if it were that hot. And even then its 15 mins - 20 max - maybe a little longer for your guests as they are seated waiting for you. Then there is the issue if inside does not have any air-conditioning, its going to be much worse inside if it were that hot over a number of weeks.

I will predict that there is zero chance that your registrar will not allow the wedding outside because its too hot. Smiley heart

If you are worried about elderly then have jugs of ice water out at the ceremony. Or seat them last just before you appear.

• Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello
    Thankyou so much for this! Our venue mentioned it to us on the first meeting and again on the second so it’s just always stuck in my head that we may not have it outside and even though it’s such a small detail we really fell in love with the outside area so this is making me a lot more calm about it so thankyou!! X
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The registrars are only likely to insist on an indoor wedding if they believe it is unsafe to have an outdoor one, which you wouldn't want anyway, so try not to let it worry you too much.

And keep reminding yourself that even if your wedding ceremony does have to be indoors, the most important thing is that you still get married!

• Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou so much! Sometimes the little things get to you more when planning but I’m sure on the day I won’t care about anything but that so thankyou x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics