Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner November 2011

outdoor weddings in November???

katiesteed87, 27 January, 2011 at 05:11 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi, Me and my finace are very inexperienced when it comes to planning anything, so much so that our daughter was born on our stairs lol.

Rather stupidy we booked our reception venue before we booked our actual ceremony venue thus leaving us with a few problems (grrr).

We dont want a religious ceremony so a church is out of the question, our reception venue (which we cannot cancel for losing money and that we really like) does not hold a wedding licence, so we cannot marry there. And everywhere else that does hold a licence would want us to have our reception there too (if you get what I mean). We want a registry ceremony but the most people that it can take is 48 and we have 60 (provisonally) coming. We then thought about doing it outside, but we dont know if it would be worth it on Nov 5th? I dont want to get my (or anybody elses) clothes ruined by the weather i.e mud. PLEASE HELP

9 replies

Latest activity by CLAIREYFAIRY2, 27 January, 2011 at 16:11
  • D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married on november 5th, and 2 be honest im dreading having photos outside! My venue had a wedding fair in the same weekend last year and me and my MOH had a walk round the grounds, i had a jumper dress on and uggs and i was freezing!! Its not usually wet by that time (you never know right enough) but its defo cold, the only way 2 do it would be a heated marquee i think, or get the guests 2 wrap up.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I do not think this is a good idea if I am honest. Apart from the risk of rain or even snow I would imagine you and your guest would be quite uncomfortable with the cold.

As mrsmcgorm2be has said I am dreading just half an hour on Saturday for outside photos.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

NO!

I did a wedding on November 1st last year, they were due to have a hog Roast outside with a marquee set up just for this.

We had the highest winds, torrential rain & the whole area was flooded. Scrapped the Hog Roast & had to get the venue to cook all the meat inside. The Marquee had blown down & was ripped, the journey from the Church took an hour longer as roads were closed due to flooding & trees down.

So I would definately advise against it in November!!

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Brrrrrr is the first things that come to my head !

Good luck in your search ! x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Apart from the cold, rain, high winds, wet muddy grass, possible snow and trees down? think about the time of day you would need to get married. It is likely to need to be 2.30 at the latest as the light would fade and very few outside wedding areas have artificial light.

Best to embrace the time of year and have a theme based on that rather than the outside ceremony.

Peter

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't advise it if last years November was anything to go by, brrrr!

We're getting married at the end of this November and I'm dreading having to stand in the castle ground for photos. Think I might invest in a full length fur coat lol!

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried contacting your local Registry Office? They should have a list of all the places in your area that have a marriage licence. That might help you find somewhere you can get married but don't need to hold the reception. All kinds of weird and wonderful places have licences so I'm sure you'll find something. Good luck!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I went to an outdoor ceremony in October a couple of years ago and I was absolutely frozen! Don't do it!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I have a wee suggestion - why don't you have a humanist ceremony at the venue you already have? you will have to go to the registry office to the legal bit thought.......

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

Have you contacted your local registry office?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics