Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire

Over inviting

Bella, 20 of April of 2021 at 18:39 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi, very new here!
Please can I ask thoughts on over inviting. I’m pretty sure at least a few guests won’t come to our wedding. Whilst it makes sense to invite from the ‘reserve’ list once we’ve had declines, I’m worried some will know so & so had an invite potentially a couple of months before them.
Is over inviting a thing?

4 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:33
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    I think I wouldn't over invite for my own sanity, I'd get too stressed if everyone could come and there's wasn't the space. I'd invite whoever I planned to originally and then if there are a few spaces and it's not too close to the wedding + there were people I genuinely wanted there I'd invite them. I wouldn't worry about offending people too much, I'm sure they'll understand - I'm sure you're inviting your closest family and friends and the rest of the people are a bonus Smiley smile
  • H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely agree! And TBF we had a few reserves like you, but they weren't family and not connected to our friendship groups so we were fine to add them a little later on. We also bumped someone from evening only to all day and just claimed we sent them the wrong invite haha! But I definitely wouldn't over invite if your budget doesn't allow, as you never know they may all say yes!

• B
    Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Bella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so true, all the people that really matter were on the list. I don’t know why I keep coming up with these mad ideas that make no sense!
    I think after being slightly too chilled about planning I’m starting to panic ?
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I've been invited to a few weddings where I've known I was on the 'B' list - it didn't bother me. I think most people understand that the couple can't always afford to invite as many people as they would like.

I definitely wouldn't over invite - if everyone accepts, either you have to blow your budget or 'uninvite' someone - and that really WOULD be hurtful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics