You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our latest help & advice.

Sasha
Newbie Bride August 2020 Northamptonshire

Overs 50 wedding dress

Sasha, 5 April 2021 at 22:12 Posted on Wedding Planning 2 9
Saved Save
Im getting married in August,I have just turned 50 last week, my dress has ruffles and now I'm wondering if thats a bit much for my age ?

9 replies

Latest activity by Amy, 14 April 2021 at 08:22
  • Amy
    Newbie Bride October 2021 Cambridgeshire
    Amy
    No. Not too much. And sod what other people think. It's *your* wedding.
    I'm getting married this year, I will be nearly 50, and to top that, this is wedding #3. I had a short and disastrous marriage in my 20s, then was married for a long time to someone who I was really unhappy with, but not I'm with my soul mate. I didn't have a wedding dress each time before - the first time was a rush.job and the second I was too embarrassed to have one as it was a second wedding.
    Well, this time I'm going full on meringue with awesome skirt, in ivory, and any judgy people can go whistle, frankly! I'm going to have the day I wanted at last. So seriously, enjoy your ruffles sister. Xxxx
  • R
    Rockstar Bride July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135

You love it, you wear it. It's your WEDDING DAY - when else can you wear your dream dress?!!!

• E
    Savvy Bride October 2022 East London
    Ebony
    Everything is age appropriate if you look fabulous in it. Anyone who says differently should be banished from your wedding. Its your day! Xx
  • K
    Newbie Bride July 2021 North West London
    Karolina
    Absolutely not ! It's your wedding and you should wear dress that you want to wear 馃榾
    I'm sure you will look fabulous on your wedding!
  • HappyPurpleDecor18768
    Newbie Bride February 2022 Staffordshire
    HappyPurpleDecor18768

No of course not ! Age is literally just a number and ruffles are for everyone that wants them please don't let your age stop you from having your dream dress

• D
    Missouri
    Dany

Ruffles are not only for younger ladies. It is indeed your wedding day, and by all means, you have the right to wear the best dress for your best day.

• T
    Newbie Bride September 2021 Norfolk
    TRACEY
    The main thing is that you are happy with it and you feel comfortable in it and wearing it. Nothing else matters ..
  • Wendy
    Newbie Bride June 2021 Devon
    Wendy
    Not at all I'm over 50 it's my 3rd time too never had a wedding dress before so I am going with the whole bridal dress, I was worried about what people will think but my OH has been married before but never had the bride looking bridal so I am doing it for us both and planning like its our first time it's creating happy memories too xx
  • S
    Savvy Bride January 2023 East London
    Stephanie

Wear EXACTLY what makes to feel great and be more extreme in your clothes as you get older!! I hope you rock it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics