Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2023 Hampshire

Overwhelmed!

Amilaw, 30 of December of 2020 at 23:13 Posted on Planning 0 4
Got engaged this Christmas - very eager and want to start the ball rolling. So was looking to aim for sept 2023 but looking around at all the beautiful venues and seeing the price. Is anyone else just so overwhelmed with how much it costs just to hire a venue! I’ve looked at so many different places and I feel like we are never going to get married!

I definitely will end up needing to push back a couple of years for sure!

4 replies

Latest activity by Tracy, 1 of March of 2022 at 10:21
  • A
    Beginner August 2023 South East London
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    Hello ?
    We recently got engaged and have gone for 2024 as our year but I know what you mean, its so expensive and will have to save each month running up to our wedding!
  • MrsAmbrose
    Beginner November 2023 East Sussex
    MrsAmbrose ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

congrats on your engagement! We got engaged on the 23rd Dec 2020 and I'm jumping straight on the wedding planning already! I was quite shocked at how much venues cost, but we have recently done some calculations and we can save enough by Dec 2023, although we are looking at a 60-80 person wedding.

If you can't save up enough for the venue you want, I would extend the date! It's better to wait and get exactly what you want them having to make cuts that you might regret, or borrowing lots of money for it.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Weddings can be as cheap or as expensive as you make them - if you want to get married sooner, look at having a cheaper wedding. It's possible to have a lovely event for under £3,000 in total.

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

It is soooo expensive! You can basically halve the price if you go for a smaller 50ish person wedding than 100+ though, saves you on everything from food to stationary to decorations. I did notice that at a lot of venues the price went up by around a thousand pounds each year though so bear that in mind if you're considering delaying...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics