Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2022 Devon

Overwhelmed with ideas... help?

Hayley, 10 of May of 2021 at 16:01 Posted on Planning 0 9
Me and my other half are recently engaged and don’t want a long engagement. So we’re in the throws of planning.
Let’s talk colour schemes? We’re going for a cute Devon barn wedding situated on a lake, with a cute jetty. It’s picturesque and beautiful and I really want to do it justice...
Everything hangs on a colour scheme.One minute I love blush pinks, the next I like neo mints. Suggestions? Our dresses will be white, so actually goes with anything.

9 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 13 of May of 2021 at 06:52
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! I’ve had the same problem with colours but I think we are set on a dusty blue, your venue sounds absolutely beautiful and I’m sure whatever you decide will be perfect
  • H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi!
    Congrats on yours too! Dusky blue sounds fantastic, what are you teaming up with that?
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you xD well my bridesmaids will be in blue, flower girls in ivory and h2b and groomsmen will have a navy suit white shirt and matching blue tie and all bouquets will be white but venue flowers will hopefully be like this so there will be a bit of greenery too Smiley smile Overwhelmed with ideas... help? 1

• Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Can’t you combine the blush pinks with the greens? I’m sure that could be done tastefully and then you don’t have to choose!

Otherwise, I would suggest finding something specific you want and basing it around that. I chose a particular flower and everything colour wise has been built around that.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Voiceoftruth - find something you love and build around that. My OH wanted to wear a kilt, so we picked colours from that. What about favourite flowers?

• K
    Beginner September 2023 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Kerrim1990 ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! I’m also getting married in a barn venue. My colour scheme is a burnt orange/terracotta colour with touches of sage green and dark blue. H2B and groomsmen will be in dark blue suit with burnt orange tie, BMs in burnt orange dresses and flowers have touches of sage green through xx
  • N
    Savvy June 2023 North Yorkshire
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! We’re having the pain colour of sage green with dusky pinks and golds. I’m going to have a lot of foliage with our flowers which I think will tie well with a barn venue. Happy planning!
  • Jasmine
    Curious August 2023 Norfolk
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! So far I have my heart set on pastel peach and white theme. Probably going to have some form of dried flowers and foliage too. We are also a barn venue 😊
  • H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you all so so much, and congratulations to all of you.
    We have finally decided on a sugar pink, washed out mauve and crisp white decoration theme.

We went to visit a venue last night that we’ve fallen in love with and have our first choice of date available... looks like it’s all happening 😬😬😬

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics