Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abby
Beginner April 2025 West London

Own flower arrangements

Abby, 6 of June of 2024 at 23:40 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hey
Has anyone done their own flower arrangements for wedding reception? I’m really in two minds as I would actually love to do it I’m quite a creative person and the thought of spending a few evenings making all the decor actually excites me 😅 however- when it comes to the wedding day itself am I actually going to want to be setting up the room myself when I need to be getting ready. I don’t even want to have my bridesmaids setting up as I want them getting ready with me. Part of me thinks it won’t take long I’ll bring everything assembled but realistically is it worth the money paying someone to do it for you to ensure no stress the wedding morning?! I think so!
I’ve been quoted minimum £1000 for flowers and that is why I’m toying with the idea!! Has anyone else set up the morning of? My venue won’t be able to tell me until 1 weeks before if I can go there the night before to set up so 1 week doesn’t leave me enough time to decide on this so I need to just decide Also for background I’m getting ready at the venue, travelling to a church 30 mins away and then us and everyone else comes back to the venue , so no one else like friends/family will be at the venue that morning to even help as an idea. Thanks for anyone’s advice on this! I almost don’t mind the expense of flowers for the wedding but when I know I can actually do it myself (just the setting up I don’t think I can) it’s annoying!Thanks xx

1 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, today at 12:21
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I'm 2024 bride, getting married end of August in London and I'm planning on doing the flower arrangements myself, going to start from now, just started to order in some bits.

I have been quoted ridiculous amounts up to £3K for decor, so I got fed up, I calculated for about 8 centrepieces for guest tables, 6 extra arrangements for buffet and dessert table plus welcome table, floor arrangements for welcome signs and sweetheart table and for candles and all should be about £500 if I still to budget properly. Talking about fake flowers btw! I Might have to cut down on some things if I want to save some extra cash but it can be done. It is about calculating how many flowers you would need per arrangement and figuring out how you want them to look exactly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics