Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2013

Oyster colour dress - advice needed!!!

saralh, 11 September, 2012 at 10:41 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

I am getting married October 2013 and on Saturday purchased my wedding dress. Having thought for months that I wanted a plain and simple evening gown kind of dress, I have gone in the opposite direction and got a gorgeous Eternity Bride corseted one shoulder gown. I love the colour which is Oyster but now having problems deciding on a colour scheme and colours to put my bridesmaids in.

Any ideas??

Thanks xx

6 replies

Latest activity by lisaree, 15 September, 2012 at 22:07
  • karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

Oyster is like a light goldy colour right? Perhaps go with darker gold colours, or ivory or white? I'm not sure. I think the right colour green would go nicely with it. Or pale pink?

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

What is the room in your venue like?

As it's October, quote rich autumnal colours will be lovely...browns, deep reds, burnt oranges...

This is my moodboard for our October wedding, although the sunflowers are more of a sentimental thing

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    saralh ·
    • Hide content

Hi yes it is. it was the owner of the shop who asked me to try it on as Im quite dark colouring and I loved it as soon as I put it on. I tried looking at the dress online but you cant really see the colour of it properly!

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    saralh ·
    • Hide content

These colours are beautiful. I quite like the idea of deep reds - maybe berry colours? Im getting married at the Quayside Exchange in Sunderland which is an old building but quite contempory. The ceremony room is the "Grand Room" which has big windows and quite elegant then the reception will be in the Main bar which is quite modern. bit of a mixture! xx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

My dress was a pale coffee colour so I had similar thoughts.

I went with mainly ivories, whites and hints of gold. Bridesmaids were in cream/ivory.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

It looks like a pretty neutral room, so you don't have to worry about clashing carpets!

Make sure you read Kharv's wedding report as it's awesome.

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lisaree ·
    • Hide content

Wow how scary is this!! ?

I also had the same feelings as you and thought i would buy something simple and the usual Ivory colour, but today i went wedding dress shopping with my mum and have just bought the same dress as you and came on here to find which colours would go with it! We are getting married in June 2013.

We also seen a gorgeous bridesmade dress which went perfect with my dress but Mark doesn't like the colour of it which was burgundy. They went so well together and really gutted he doesn't like it. I'm now completly stumped for colours ☹️

Lisa x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics