Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2018

PA. system for speeches

SunnyBlueHair913, 1 of January of 2018 at 15:57 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi guys looking for help. Me and the OH get married in April and are coming towards the final stages of planning. Just wondering if any of you know of a budget pa system for the speeches or a way for a room full of people to hear speeches as clear as possible without braking the bank.

Many thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 3 of January of 2018 at 21:27
  • Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Are you having a DJ or live band on night? Sometimes they will allow you to use their PA for speeches as it is already set up if you ask! Even if they charge a fee for it, it's still cheaper then hiring a PA system and having someone set it up for speeches. Hope this helps.

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Check with your venue first as most have a PA system built in for meetings or conferences.

If you're having speeches after your band or dj have setup then that's an option but most times they setup after the wedding breakfast.

James

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I used to organise training days when I had a proper job! Before being a wedding photographer. I booked mic & speakers from Savile AV hire.

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    LuxuriousBlueFlowers70628 ·
    • Hide content

What's the budget?

In my experience in pro audio you should be able to pick up everything you need for around £60-80 +VAT for two speakers but will usually include set up yourself. You'll want active speakers (rather than passive which require a separate amp) because it's more of a plug and play solution and less chance of it going wrong. I wouldn't suggest radio mics unless you have a sound engineer on site, too many variables to go wrong. Some companies will charge extra for cable. If you have a large room and/or a lot of people I would suggest four speakers.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Try John Henry. we use them for a lot of music videos...

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics