Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Page Boy but No Flower Girl

22 of March of 2015 at 10:56 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all can I have opinions please? So first off I know its my day and can do what I like but i'm a little torn on what to do about this.

Part of this stems from the fact I have been married before and it was only 4 years ago. First time round I had my sisters children, my niece and nephew as page boy and flower girl. 4 years on nephew is too old for page boy and niece is too old as flower girl but she will be a bridesmaid. However I now have a nephew who would be right age for page boy (was too young before) and a niece who will be just turning 3 when I get married.

I sort of now feel I need to have my nephew as page boy as feel I cant exclude him as had other nephew as page boy before. But then I'm left with what do I do about my 3 year old niece. As much as i would like her as flower girl I worry she is just a bit too young. But if i don't have her, would it seem odd having a page boy with no flower girl? My original plan was not to have either. I cant make my mind up argghhh.

9 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 22 of March of 2015 at 16:47
  • soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

As you say, it's your day so do what you feel like doing... I'm hoping to have OH's nieces and nephews in my bridal party, two of which are going to be 3 or under. Now you've got me worrying a bit, but I think it would be nice to have them involved Smiley smile I'm sure you can work out a way to make it work, maybe speak to the parents and see if they think it'll be a problem?

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I say have them all or none at all - that's what I would do to solve any family arguments x

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

It's definitely up to you.

We've got things the opposite way to you in that we're not having a page boy.

The only advice I can give is do not expect a child under 3 to fulfil any real duty! I'm having a flower girl who will not quite be 3 on the day. I'll give her a flower to hold but if she doesn't want to then she doesn't want to. If she does do what we want on the day, we'll be thrilled of course!

Hope this helps!

• G
    Beginner March 2015
    gembluetopaz ·
    • Hide content

My flower girl didn't throw petals I gave her a bouquet for ease and had her walk down with her brother and she isn't 3 until May

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

We weren't going to have any flower girls, pageboys or bridesmaids. Our original plan was to buy all four nieces and the nephew (the kids under 10) their outfits so they felt part of things. Now my sister isn't coming one niece and the nephew won't be there either.

The other three nieces are five year old twins and a seven year old - we're still buying them the matching outfits but still no 'official' flower girl thing - they'll look really cute though.

If I were you I'd have them both, just don't expect them to do anything other than look adorable.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I've seen page boys and flowers girls who are just weeks old- I don't think there's a too young, so long as you're not expecting them to actually do anything if they don't want to (or aren't able to). A lot of the time it's just a title and quite often the little ones will be too shy to walk down the aisle for example.

Personally, I think i'd go with both or neither- not due to it looking odd, but due to potential upset if one is picked for a role without the other.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I've never really seen the point in pageboys or flower girls if I'm honest, but I do think if you have one sibling you need to have the other, in some capacity.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Oh! If youve still got 18 months to go then leave it.for a while, I'm guessing they'll all be invited anyway and you can't buy clothes for them for ages yet anyway, so you don't need to make a decision for at least a year I reckon

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics