Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2013

Pale Bridesmaids!

anna89, 7 of April of 2012 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi,

I'm have a medium/tanned skin tone, but both of my bridesmaids are very pale - what colour dress would you recommend? Thinking of either navy or a pale green colour - not a huge fan of pinks/purples etc. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

18 replies

Latest activity by WilliamLewis, 11 of April of 2023 at 20:16
  • Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Navy would be lovely, what colour hair do they have?

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    anna89 ·
    • Hide content

One has browny/red hair in a bob, and the other has long blonde hair... Damn them! :-)

• MrsA2012
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsA2012 ·
    • Hide content

Navy and pale green would be fine. I'd steer clear of pale/nude shades as they may look washed out.

Best thing to do is discuss it with your bms.

• MrsA2012
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsA2012 ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to add - you should think yourself lucky, two of mine are very pale but the other one has very tanned, olive toned skin! Fortunately I managed to find a pale pink dress that looked ok on all of them.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I have very pale skin and red hair, I like to wear green and blue as its goes well with my skin tone. MrsA2012 is right, you and your BM's should have a shopping day or look online?

• monkeybride
    Beginner June 2013
    monkeybride ·
    • Hide content

Me and both of my sisters are quite pale - they're going to have dusky pink bridesmaids dresses which I think will suit their colouring. Navy blue suits really well as well as jade green. I'd avoid anything too bright e.g. orange as I think that will just drain them. Think we're all going to get a very light spray tan before the wedding as well - could you suggest that to your bridesmaids?

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Green would be lovely with the hair colour.

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    anna89 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!

They like both ideas, just wanted to see if there were any others that I hadn't thought of! Re spray tan, one of them loves fake tan but I'd rather she didn't wear any, as it always comes out fairly orange and would look odd in pictures (is that bad?!), and the other one loves the pale look!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I think the navy would be fab with red hair. I went to a wedding last year with the same colours with a pale red headed bridesmaid (and fg) and she looked so lovely. Pale colours can wash out pale people so as lovely as pale green is, it may be a bit draining.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Jo-Jo knows more than me! She's a bonafide english rose pale skinned person! Listen to her! I'm only speaking from one person out of god knows how many, and I am also a bit navy blue obsessed. Pay no heed to moi.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what jojo85 said but also don't avoid bright colours...I have typical Irish skin - very pale, a bit freckly, dark brown hair and blue/green eyes but jewel colours suit me as well as the softer tones do ie. royal blue, emerald green, hot pink etc. you'll just have to get them to try a few different colours and tones and I'm sure you'll find something to suit them both. I have two pale bms, one same colouring as me and the other blonde and they will both suit the pale turquoise dress they are wearing, my moh is half Arabic but a pale one if you know what I mean, still darker than the rest of us though and I'm not 100% sure she suits the colour but luckily she's a stunner and would still look beautiful in a plastic bag!

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm very pale and I would be quite offended if, as a bridesmaid, I was asked if I wanted a fake tan! There's nothing wrong with being pale and I would never consider having a fake tan at any other time. I don't think I would look good with a tan anyway, even if it did look natural.

On the subject of colours I don't think pale/neutral colours look very good on me. I wouldn't wear very bright colours either but thats probably more my taste rather than whether it would suit me.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I think a nice green would be beautiful! ?

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    anna89 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your help! Love the dusty pink idea but didn't think it would suit pale skin - will defo give it a try as it suits my venue!

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

I'd say, stay away from pale and pastel shades. Either royal blue, peacock blue, teal, emerald green, cadburys purple or chocolate brown. Both my BM's are extremely pale and blonde so I have gone for peacock blue.

• W
    Beginner April 2023 Afghanistan
    WilliamLewis ·
    • Hide content

There's a lot of lovely stuff on there nearest 24 hr fitness but it seems a bit cheeky to ask guests to pay so much more for things.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics