Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2014

Paper Pom poms

Cocktail-Couture, 13 May, 2013 at 12:04 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi, came across paper pom poms at the weekend and i really like them! They look like flower pomanders from a distance! I am wanting to buy about 40 for the ends of the church pews, anyone know anywhere that sells them reasonable apart from ebay or are they easy to make? They look easy enough to make i just wondered if anyone had tried doing it, im not the most crafty person!

thanks Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 13 May, 2013 at 22:19
  • N
    Beginner September 2013
    NC53 ·
    • Hide content

Love paper Pom poms!! I've had a practice go myself and they seem easy enough to make but I have decided to buy some in as for each Pom you need roughly 8 sheets of tissue paper so it's not that economical.

Haven't done a full Internet search yet but cheapest I've found so far are from here: www.decopompoms.co.uk

they still come flat so there's an element of DIY in that you have to 'fluff' them up Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Are there any fire regs that would be an issue here ?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

They are very easy to make: we did them with 28 Brownies and they all managed to make a decent pompom surpringly quickly opnce they got into the swing of the layer separation/fanning.

The thing is, as mentioned above, they are not cheap to make because of the amount of paper needed: the 'fluff out yourself' ones actually work out cheaper than the paper to do the whole thing yourself....unless you make them out of newspaper of course, but that may not fit with your scheme :-)

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

The cheapest we could find was ebay, but i'm guessing you've already checked there Smiley smile

It worked out cheaper (or only very slightly more expensive) to buy them in as opposed to doing it all ourselves.

Just keep in mind that they arrived "flat packed" as such and the actual pomming/froofing/fluffing up (is there a technical term!?) we have to do ourselves.

They came with clear wire to hang them with too.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Cocktail-Couture ·
    • Hide content

Ok, thanks all will check that site out! Yes checked ebay so many sellers to trawl through i shall keep trawlling though and find the cheapest Smiley smile

would be interested to know how other B2B's are using their pom poms i.e hanging decs, church pew ends, tables?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We'll be hanging ours in trees, above & to the sides of our aisle.

We have trees either side of the aisle (outdoor wedding) so those will be decorated with the poms and fairy lights

Kind of like this (but decorated)

• H
    Beginner June 2014
    Han_Grum ·
    • Hide content

I recently made exactly 40 for my sister-in-law to be's baby shower..... They worked out far cheaper than buying them! That said, I did my research..... When buying the tissue paper on eBay I clicked on 'nearest first' and found a place selling the tissue paper in denominations of 50 sheets, I contacted them and asked if I could collect it and that actually HALVED the price! Martha Stewart has a good guide on how to make them :-) x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

There's quite a few different designs and ideas of how to hang them on Pinterest if you search for pomander balls or kissing balls.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I have bought several.... Some white, some pewter, various sizes from Ebay and amazon. The ones I got from English sellers I have to fold along the pleat lines before pompoming, but the Chinese ones I got are already neatly pleated so just need opening. I think I paid about £15 altogether for probably about 30. I'm hanging them from the ceiling in mixed colour and size trios in the bar room of our reception venue.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

This site sells them (warning the site sells lots of cool stuff so dont blame me if you end up spending a fortune) http://www.pipii.co.uk/pipii-marketplace/weddings.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics