Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2021

Parents' attire

SunnyOrangeFlowers91241, 16 of August of 2021 at 16:32 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 6

Hi ladies! Do the parents' outfits have to match the colour of the bridesmaid dresses? Our wedding colours are burgundy & navy, so mother of the bride will be wearing navy to match one of the bridesmaids and my dad will be wearing a navy tie and waistcoat. But does mother of the groom/father of the groom necessarily have to match those colours? Wedding attire etiquette is not my strong point!

6 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 4 of September of 2021 at 22:48
  • DDsgettingmarried!
    Curious September 2021 Kent
    DDsgettingmarried! ·
    • Hide content

My mum isn’t keeping to my colour scheme either, ours is pink and grey and my mum is wearing a mustard colour dress!

• S
    Beginner October 2021
    SunnyOrangeFlowers91241 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that makes me feel a bit better!
  • S
    Beginner October 2021
    SunnyOrangeFlowers91241 ·
    • Hide content
    Haha can’t tell them what to do I suppose 😂
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I cant tell my mum what to wear, she will do what she wants! Our scheme is pastel rainbow so she has 5 to choose from but guarantee she will pick something outside that range!! Oh well, is not the end of the world I guess, as long as they are comfortable

• R
    Savvy May 2022 South West London
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content
    I think unless you stipulate it, parents, siblings etc that aren’t in the wedding party can wear what they like (within a wider dress code you’ve set). I certainly don’t expect my mom to show up in pink, actually I’d be a bit annoyed if she did (mostly because she’s been telling me she’s wearing navy) Smiley winking
    I do expect her to wear something on the smarter side though as our venue is a historic house and we’d like everyone to be more dressed up.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Our colours were blue/purple (OHs kilt colours) and my mother kind-of blended in blue & navy, but only because that was the dress she wanted to wear. MIL was in black & white. It never even occured to me to think about what immediate family would wear - we had a right mix of colours, but I don't think it mattered. You never think about matching/blending colours in any other group photos, so I don't see why wedding pics need to be colour-coordinated either. Let them wear what they want - they'll look so much better if they're in colours & styles they love anyway.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics