Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2003

Parents ruby (40th) wedding anniversary - help!

mel t 2b, 26 April, 2010 at 09:50 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Hi all

I used to use the site years ago when I was getting married and then when my son was born, so I'm hoping you guys will have some great suggestions!!?

Its my parents ruby wedding anniversary coming up and I want to get them a nice gift. They have enough money to buy anything they want, they have everything and I don't want to buy tat! No ornaments, items with 'ruby anniversary' on them! What can I get???? afternoon tea somewhere was the only thing I could think of. I also don't have a great amount to spend.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Mel

2 replies

Latest activity by Anastasia, 18 May, 2010 at 09:39
  • tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Do they have a garden, you could buy them a ruby red rose or a cherry tree perhaps?

What about vouchers for a posh meal out somewhere? Then again that could be quite pricey.

A newspaper from the day they were married, you could put it in a frame. Or a nice picture of you all?

• A
    Anastasia ·
    • Hide content

Afternoon tea somewhere would be lovel, the sort of thing they probably wouldn't treat themselves to but which they would really enjoy

for my parents we persuaded my aunt to club in with us all and we managed to pay for them to go to brussels on the eurostar to the Christmas markets because mum had always wanted to go but they would never have got round to it themselves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics