Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Castiel
Beginner August 2021 Devon

Partial Elopement Advice

Castiel, 14 of April of 2021 at 00:39 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi everyone! My fiancee and I have been engaged for almost two years. We're thinking of doing a partial elopement and bringing just a few people to the ceremony and having a nice, relaxed meal with the guests afterwards- so no big reception or anything, just the ceremony and the meal. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions on how to make the day feel really special still, let family and friends know in a kind way and just how you pulled it off? Also really interested in what your budget was, too, we're still just pondering ideas so any advice is useful. Thanks so much! ?

2 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:55
  • K
    Dedicated April 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    This is what we are doing. We are taking 20 people with us to Gretna Green. We’ve got w package which include the ceremony and a three course meal. This costa roughly 2,000 so I would imagine with all the other bits like dress, suits, flowers etc we will come in at just under 5,000 in total. Good luck with your planning
  • R
    Curious October 2022 Warwickshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    We are looking at something similar too, as big white weddings are beautiful but just not quite right for us.

We are hoping to get married as late in the day as possible (around 4pm maybe) then go for a nice meal in the private dining room of a restaurant where we’ll have speeches and cake cutting to make it feel like a wedding, but also just really good food and good company! We are also looking at only inviting a few close family members, so we will be a very small wedding of probably 12 or so.
    It is your wedding day, so it will feel special anyway, but remember that there are all kinds of things you can do with a table to make it look beautiful (there are lots of tiny wedding ideas on Pinterest), and you’ll all be dressed up too.
    We were then thinking of sending out little wedding announcement cards with a photo or two on them for family we didn’t invite.
    If you get any other ideas, please share them! I’m just getting started too Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics