Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

Party Food help!

HeavyMetalMaiden, 10 of June of 2014 at 11:27 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello!

Just going through all sorts of options and combinations for the food for our day, and I stumble across M&S party food, which looks like the incredibly easy and a faff-free option (although I would have to figure out where to store it all)! Has anyone had any of this before? The pricing is a bit.... middle road for our budget. We can't go overboard, but it's do-able.

I was also wondering if there is any other company out there that does something similar? Another option is to get the poor best man to create our buffet (he is a chef, and a bloody great one at that - and he has offered)... I know I am thinking about the evening food way too soon, but with us, we like to have our ducks in a row before we shoot Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by jen-lou, 10 of June of 2014 at 15:22
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

M+S is good if you have someone to cook it/serve it up for you. The lowest effort option is probably this, if you have a store nearby and someone can pop out to collect it for you:

http://www.sainsburys-live-well-for-less.co.uk/products-values/instoreservices/instore-party-platter-service/

The downlaodable brochure also gives info about free glass hire and their wedding cake options.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks MOMB - I didn't think of Sainsburys! Their food looks great! Of course being in the middle of nowhere I have neither M&S, Sainsburys or Waitrose near me, but I have just contacted Waitrose asking if they deliver their party food (hopefully to the venue on the day)!

This does seem like a much cheaper option than hiring in caterers, where they charge per head, rather than per platter. I just hope I estimate enough for the pricing and enough food for 100 people!!!

Smiley smile

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I once did a 'compare and contrast' between the ranges on the M&S and Waitrose websites, when thinking about my Hen. Didn't go for a home hen in the end, so didn't use either, but I do recall the M&S 'basket' being cheaper, with a better range of stuff.

You just mentioned 'thinking about the evening food' at the end? Is this what this is for? If so, cold food only is best if you're doing it yourself. Plus then the best man doesn't have to do it on the day so he can enjoy himself. I assume you can pick up an order from Sainsburys / M&S etc the day before the wedding, even if it's not local to you? Perhaps the best man's contribution can be to offer to refrigerate it for you if he works at a commercial premises with large fridges, and have one of his kitchen buddies bring it to your venue in time for the buffet? If so, let the buddy stay for the party afterwards for his trouble ?

• Y
    Beginner October 2014
    Yell0wsnow ·
    • Hide content

We were going to do our buffet food ourselves, but rather than stress out we got a cater in to do it. £600 for 100 daytime guests, they will stay, keep it looking nice and top it up for the evening guests, which is another 50. They supplier plates and cutlery as well

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

If you have a Costco near by they do some too, not too sure on the price of them though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics