Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2011

Pass the Parcel

amy00003, 27 of July of 2011 at 19:46 Posted on Planning 0 3

Im bored and have been googleing. Ive seen a website selling a 'pass the parcel" game to be put on each of the tables at the reception as a way for the guests to get to know each other, and I'm quite liking the idea.

The only thing thats putting me off doing it is what do the people on the top table do? Just have a pass the parcel game as well?

Has anyone done/doing this at their wedding, and are the top table doing it too?

3 replies

Latest activity by Kihec24, 9 of April of 2024 at 11:49
  • sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

How does it work? Is it the same as the kids game where you have to wait for the music to stop before you take off a layer? Or does each person take it in turns to take a layer off?

I don't think it would work as well for the Top Table because you generally only chat to the people next to you, not on the other side of the table as you could on a round table. It is very difficult to have a conversation involving the whole table when it is long and rectangular like that. Plus, the people who sit next to each other on a top table generally know each other.

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    libracat ·
    • Hide content

What a fantastic idea....could you post a link to the site so we can have a nosey?

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amy00003 ·
    • Hide content

That's what i thought about the top table.

Libracat here's the link:

http://www.partyfavourz.com/acatalog/info_PP01.html

I'm going to make my own though, to make it more personal. You don't have music for it or anything, just questions to get the table talking, like "Whos birthday is closest to the wedding day'.

I've got my questions sorted out i think, just need to get making it now!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics