Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2024 Lincolnshire

Passport renewal 3 months before wedding

Cristiana, 11 of January of 2024 at 04:22 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5
Hello everyone,
Can somebody please help and let me know what documents they had to send to change their passport 3 months before the wedding?

5 replies

Latest activity by suziedutton1978@gmail.com, 31 of January of 2024 at 12:09
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for sharing this this slipped my mind ") will definitely apply 3 months before. Its says about having a wedding certificate but 3 months before we won't have that. So not sure what to do about that?
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi, are you changing your surname or just renewing your old passport?

If you are changing your surname before the wedding you will your officiant or whoever is conducting your ceremony to sign the form you will send for the passport. Also you will most likely receive the passport after the wedding and will not be able to use it before, so keep that in mind too.

I was also looking into it last week, however I do not have British Passport so for me the rules are different. Hope that helps.

• C
    Beginner July 2024 Lincolnshire
    Cristiana ·
    • Hide content
    I have both European and British passport, hopefully I can change the British one 3 months before and the other one after the wedding
  • P
    Beginner June 2024 Worcestershire
    Pauline ·
    • Hide content
    You can’t get a new passport in your married name until after the wedding as you need your wedding certificate as proof. You can continue to travel in your existing passport with your maiden name until it expires. I work in travel and we always advise brides to book their honeymoon travel in the name that is currently on their passport to avoid any issues and then add changing their passport to the list of things to worry about later! Hope that helps
  • S
    Beginner July 2016
    suziedutton1978@gmail.com ·
    • Hide content

My brides on my travel team always just book the travel in their maiden name to save any issues. You can always change the passport after, but even after marrying you can use your passport in your maiden name as long as you remember to book the flights in the right name!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics